(Solved)After update Suhosin problem-Hosting companies refuse support and change of vars

Hello!

After upgrading to 1.5.4.1 (everything was working fine before with 1.5.4.0 0 1-click update) I get the following message, when I try edit installed modules translation (not at the front office trans.):

Warning: Your hosting provider is using the suhosin patch for PHP, which limits the maximum number of fields allowed in a form: 5120 for suhosin.post.max_vars.

5120 for suhosin.request.max_vars.

Please ask your hosting provider to increase the suhosin limit to 11542 at least or edit the translation file manually.

My hosting company refuses to change it, as the told me, for security reasons. (It's already at 5000)

Apparently there is a bug. Any idea?

Thank you in advance

Edited by Puriom (see edit history)

Try deleting some of the modules that you don't use to reduce the number of fields.

You can edit your php.ini file with the following, if your host allows a local php.ini file - you can ask the host if they allow a local file.

; updates max_input_vars for Prestashop translation field editing

max_input_vars = 6000

suhosin.post.max_vars = 6000

suhosin.request.max_vars = 6000

You can edit your php.ini file with the following, if your host allows a local php.ini file - you can ask the host if they allow a local file.

; updates max_input_vars for Prestashop translation field editing

max_input_vars = 6000

suhosin.post.max_vars = 6000

suhosin.request.max_vars = 6000

THANK SO MUCH FOR THE ANSWER (because it's really urgent for be on air in 2 days.

Could you PLEASE (please) tell me how to do this?

Thanks once again.

Edited by Puriom (see edit history)

They just increased it to 6000, but still the same

Warning: Your hosting provider is using the suhosin patch for PHP, which limits the maximum number of fields allowed in a form: 6000 for suhosin.post.max_vars.

6000 for suhosin.request.max_vars.

Please ask your hosting provider to increase the suhosin limit to 11437 at least or edit the translation file manually.

Puriom - you didn't answer the question if the host allows editing of a local php.ini file. The link Vekia provides has a good tutorial on the changes that can be made.

If the host has a knowledge base or support forum, you can check there. Who is your host?

• Like 1

Puriom - you didn't answer the question if the host allows editing of a local php.ini file. The link Vekia provides has a good tutorial on the changes that can be made.

If the host has a knowledge base or support forum, you can check there. Who is your host?

exactly, the most important question without an answer

let us know Puriom

Hello!

My hosting provider told me that I cannot have a php.ini. But they told me to inform them about the changes and they'll do them for me. Does anybody know what they should be?

Thanks for any kind help!!

They increased to 6000, but it didn't work. They don't allow local php.ini, So they asked me to tell them, which changes I want to have to this file, and they'll do them for me.

BUT, what those changes should be, as 6000 vars is not enough????????????

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! News for the SUHOSIN php patch:

ALL HOSTING COMPANIES (in Greece) I've contacted said that the only way to increase this vars to 12000 is to have a special dedicated server, and that this vars is an extreme risk and compromises security. I'll try to roll back to an older version, to find a company abroad, or I'll have to quit PS.

Thank you everyone for your kind help

I have the same problem, my hosting service refuses to adjust the Suhosin values (they have theirs valued on 1000) and I can't find a php.ini file on my ftp that I can adjust.

Is there another way to solve this? I bought a theme which is in English and I need to translate everything in Dutch.

I have the same problem, my hosting service refuses to adjust the Suhosin values (they have theirs valued on 1000) and I can't find a php.ini file on my ftp that I can adjust.

Is there another way to solve this? I bought a theme which is in English and I need to translate everything in Dutch.

maybe try to install prestashop on localhost? Translate it there and then upload all files to your FTP ?