Upgraded to 1.5.4.1 but back-office menus overlap

Hi. I've just upgraded to 1.5.4.1 for a client, and the menus on the BO are now extended and overlapping.

i had this on my own website a few weeks ago when upgrading 1.5.4, so did a clean install which worked, but I've edited 100's of files within this clients' site so can't afford to start afresh.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks.

*Image attached

So, I restored the back up I took before the upgrade, and now the site is down completely, with the error "Bad SubDomain SQL query." Please can someone help?

post-538906-0-94438500-1367261889_thumb.jpg

Edited by Herbalife (see edit history)

It hasn;t worked :( I'm getting the following error: #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''ps_subdomain' ( 'id_subdomain' int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, ' at line 1

Hi. The only thing I changed in myPhp was the delimiter to see if that worked.

I really have no idea where to even start now. What if I delete everything and do a fresh install of 1.4 from the cp, then restore the backup? However, I have no sql backup, so I don't think that would work?

Hi Benjamin. I found an old sql database that I restored, then kept the _subdomain, dropped the rest, then imported my post 1.5 back up sql to. I now have the header of the site, but nothing else. Please see www.decadent-vapours.com

I don't know how to restore this back to functionality though. The categories, products, etc are all in the BO, but my url states /en/ which I guess is where the problem lies?

Hi tdr170. Thank you for that. I managed to restore an old _subdomain file and get the site back up and running, but I now have no products in my categories, so shall I try dropping the ps_subdomain tab, and then creating the one you've mentioned above please?

My ps_subdomain file content:

SELECT * FROM `ps_subdomain` WHERE 1

I guess there is something missing here which is causing the products not to appear? Please can anyone help with the full text I need to upload to the subdomain?

Sorry For the post above I only went to the bottom of the first page wrote the comment and then realized there was a second page.

From looking at the page I thought you had this fixed.

Check the products table in the database and see if your products are there.

The ps_subdomain sql is below.

--

-- Table structure for table `ps_subdomain`

--

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `ps_subdomain`;

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `ps_subdomain` (

`id_subdomain` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,

`name` varchar(16) NOT NULL,

psIMARY KEY (`id_subdomain`)

) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=2 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT=2 ;

--

-- Dumping data for table `ps_subdomain`

--

INSERT INTO `ps_subdomain` VALUES (1, 'www');

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)

Thank you...I'll try this now. I've tried pasting similar text in earlier though, and i kept getting an error...I'll keep you posted in about 1 minute....

Sorry to ask...do I copy these bits in as well?

--

--

--

--

INSERT INTO `ps_subdomain` VALUES (1, 'www');

I just pasted the text in the centre, and I got:

SQL query:

`id_subdomain`
(
)
UNSIGNED
NULL
AUTO_INCREMENT

`name`
(
)
NULL

psIMARY
KEY
(
`id_subdomain`
)

) ENGINE = MYISAM AUTO_INCREMENT =2 DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT =2;

MySQL said: dot.gif

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'KEY (`id_subdomain`)

) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=2 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO' at line 4

Sorry...I've just run the whole text, with no errors, and it's come back with empty results:

--

--

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `ps_subdomain`;# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

`id_subdomain` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,

`name` varchar(16) NOT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (`id_subdomain`)

) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=2 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT=2 ;# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

--

--

INSERT INTO `ps_subdomain` VALUES (1, 'www');# 1 row affected.

# 1 row affected.

The featured products show on the homepage, and they appear when you click through to 'other products in same category' etc, but I've realised that the category pages are totally blank..not even 'no products to display'.

All categories are marked as 'displayed', in the correct parent category, and have a friendly url. Any help would really be appreciated thank you.

Try this use your FTP program and browse to your admin folder then /backups and see if you have any backups listed.

May be named something like 162731526-65b765f92.sql.bz2 this is a backup of your database made at the time you upgraded.

Download to your computer, unzip and copy the entire file and paste that in your SQL of the database.

Before you do use the export feature from the database and select both drop table and create table then save as a zip to your computer.

See if this helps.

You may need to add the subdomain again not really sure but maybe the rollback did not correctly restore the database.

You can view the file after you unzip with something like Notepad++ (free download) and look through it to see if it is different then the database on your server.

Mainly go to ps_products and see how many entries there are and compare that to the download.

Hi tdr170. Thank you for your advice. The problem is, the system took a full back-up during the '1click upgrade' process, which I have unzipped on my hard drive, but there is no sql file with yesterday's date.

I've got the site up, but the category pages have no content apart from the header, top menu, footer and blocks. I have no idea what to do next? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.