Best way to setup a ink cartridges catalog?

Hello all,

This is my first shop using Prestashop. We plan to sell compatible ink cartridges. As many printer use the exact same cartridge I need to in some way relate each of our references to many models of printers (and normally one brand).

The user has to be able to search by brand and then its model, etc...

I was wondering what would be the best way to organize it? Put the compatible list of printers for each cartdridge as an attribute? Make each individual model a category and then click to relate to each of them?

Any experience would be of much help here. Thanks!

For a reference, how many types of cartridges are you selling? And how many types for printers will they fit?

Hello and thanks for helping!

We have 25 brands, around hundreds of compatible printers (idk the exact number but each brand might have around 50-100 models), and three types of cartridges (ink, laser, ttr).

I really don't know the best way to link those three things because I would need them to be able to search by brand and then by model, or directly through the type and once in there show the corresponding brands and models.

Any hint? Thank you very much!

Maybe I am overcomplicating things? Couldn't I just make use of the standard manufacturer and product object and then add an attribute with our reference to each product so that we can know to which ink cartridge of ours it corresponds?

That way we would have:

- Brand

- Product (Cartridge) with Reference

- Categories for Ink, Laser, TTR

I guess we can make a list of all the References so that when we create a product the attribute is selected from a dropdown.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you very much... I am little lost here.

• 1 year later...

Maybe I am overcomplicating things? Couldn't I just make use of the standard manufacturer and product object and then add an attribute with our reference to each product so that we can know to which ink cartridge of ours it corresponds?

That way we would have:

- Brand

- Product (Cartridge) with Reference

- Categories for Ink, Laser, TTR

I guess we can make a list of all the References so that when we create a product the attribute is selected from a dropdown.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you very much... I am little lost here.

Did you manage to find a solution to this problem?

I have a similar situation and i need the customer to be able to find the cartridge by selecting brand/model printer.

If you managed to find something I would be greatful. 

Thanks

• 1 year later...