Multishop - How to organize products in different stores

Hi, I'm building a prestashop multi shop and I don't find how can I organize products into categories so that from a store productos can not see another store products.

For example if I change the URL of a product, and change the ID of a product from another store shows me that product and this product is from other shop.

You have to create a root category for each store?

Currently, I have a root category and many categories. By store I select which categories form the store. But all these categories have in common the root category.

Anyone have experience with prestashop Multishop option and can give me tips to prevent products can be viewed from other stores manipulating the ID of the URL?

Thanks.

Hi there,

problem is I am positive that you can use multistore at least in the latest 1.5.4.1 version but it is still not 100% bullet proof.

First you can assign categories to different stores so when a product is assigned to a category which is only visible int store b than it is not visible in the other stores but some options are only available when you change the store switcher to all shops, group or product context and vive versa. My advice, play with that on a test installation untill you fully understand the concept and test if it really works. I know that there are things possible atm. that should not be possible e.g. http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/242788-possible-bug-in-multistore-stock-sharing/ so be carefull. If you do not need to share products over shop instances or quantities than the best option might be to use different groups.

Good luck, trip

hello everyone

i have 2 domains

www.mywebsite1.com

www.mywebsite2.com

i would to share my categories and products,how we can configure it? i couldnt find a useful guide