Tax not calculated in Prestashop 1.5.4.0

Hi,

I am having problem with Tax calculation.

I have a product with tax assigned to it but when I test it in Frontt Store the tax is not calculated.

I am attaching a screen shot of the back office, that may helps to explain my problem.

I would appreciate any help or guidance

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I am almost sure the tax product applies to my state and I logged in, placeed an order test but the tax is not calculated or showing.

Sorry for forgetting the screen shots in my previous post.

Here you go I am attaching several screen shots to see what's going on and where is my error.

Thanks a lot.

post-154019-0-24948000-1366863949_thumb.png

post-154019-0-83741400-1366863959_thumb.png

post-154019-0-11171100-1366863969_thumb.png

post-154019-0-56329400-1366863978_thumb.png

post-154019-0-84569000-1366863986_thumb.png

Sorry for the delay I was doing some testing, at first mine did not seem to be applying tax either.

This is a test site and has default products and they were set to Alabama so I rest to Florida and the tax still did not seem to apply.

I then added a county in the tax rules with a large zip range to be sure that mine would be in the middle, wanted to see if it would add the 1% surtax instead the taxes started working.

This is one of those strange ones that your just not sure what you did that made it work.

If you can not figure it out send me login to your BO and I will have a look.

Amongst my battle to get CA tax to work for the Tax rule on CA, I had to add in a zip code range

90000 - 96199

As it comes blank by default.

post-542985-0-03206600-1366969267_thumb.jpg

That is the way it should be as in previous versions that is all that was necessary for state tax.

See what happens if you now go back to a black range as whan I did this tax seemed to start working but can not be 100% sure that did it.

I added a county surtax of 1% and the cart started adding 7% (FL 6% +1% surtax).

In my actual online shop all States are without zips and I added counties with the zips and taxes work perfectly..

I have still problem with tax. The California tax is not calculating and showing even I am logged in as a California customer.

I thought the problem was because of interfering the specific prices set to "Amount" with taxes but I set it to "Percentage" and still the tax problem is not resolved. Please see the screen shot.

Thank you

post-154019-0-71967000-1367517671_thumb.jpg

I have still problem with tax. The California tax is not calculating and showing even I am logged in as a California customer.

I thought the problem was because of interfering the specific prices set to "Amount" with taxes but I set it to "Percentage" and still the tax problem is not resolved. Please see the screen shot.

Thank you

I just checked the site changed tax in back office to this tax only and taxes work for me.

• 1 year later...

Yes, now it works. Actually I fixed it this morning and I didn't have time to reply.

Now I need to fix the shipping, I opened a topic and I would appreciate it if you can take a look.

Here is the topic: http://www.prestasho...60#entry1208560

Thank you

Hi Bruce-rez,

sorry to re open an old subject,

but I have the same problem with the californa tax on prestashop,

you mentioned, that you resolve the problem,

do you remember waht you've done ?

I spent a lot of time to try to resolve it without success,

thanks for your help