Does anyone know how to change the currency symbol with correct instructions?

Hi Guys

I do hope you can help me as I’ve searched endless help files and presta forums but nothing works. My store is the 1.5.4 version. Quite simply I want to display currency in GBP £ I have changed the default to GBP but there’s no edit symbol to change anything I installed the localization pack and it came through okay, but once again there was only one option and that was the dollar sign? Can you please tell me what I have to change to get the £ sign. Nothing in the back office will do it automatically? I am really struggling with this and the prestashop is great apart from this.

My thanks in advance

Danny

Hi and thanks but thats the problem? I have done that and GBP is enabled but the edit or symbol icons are greayed out? Whatever way you navigate around the admin theres no £ sign option anywhere? I am new to prestashop and cant understand why this si so much hassle?

Dan

Hi - I'm also installing 1.5.4 for my new business and have a currency query. Is the currency selection for the buyer automatic from the customer's email address or can the customer select a preferred currency from a menu on the home page (as with the 1.4 version I have used before). All I can see is a scruffy little black coloured block that seems to hover and flicker around the top of the r.h column, sometime positioning itself right over my New Products Block. Surely this can't be the currency menu?

Hi Benjamin.

Yes the localisation currency is set for pound only and enabled. All the defaults are in pounds. But nothing will get rid of the $ sign at the front end? I am in depair with this because I can put products in yet and Im really out of time here? It seems this is a common problem and no one ahs the answer???

Anyone who is good with prestashop got any clue or idea?

Dan

Dan I have also been fiddling in this area. Am not a developer but I did have something of the same problem. Try adding a dummy product (or a real one) and put the price in pounds sterling. In my case it changed the currency for all future product entries. I was also stuck with dollars until I input my first product in sterling. Good luck

Thanks Edgeco but i dont quite understand what you mean? If I go to place a product in how can I do it £? The dollar sign is default in the pricng area and if you input the £ sign with the price istelf then it refuses and says the symbol is not allowed only numbers (for prices) I would appreciate any help with this because no one seems to ahve a clue?

Dan

Dan regardless of what symbol is there just try inputting any product under "products" and saving it. If under Localization your default currency is set under GBP and your default country is set as United Kingdom or somewhere that uses sterling I think you may find that there is an automatic switch over to pounds. Give it a go. It doesn't need to be a real product, just give it a name like "Test Product" and enter a price (even ifi the pricing area provisionally shows in US dollars) in my case it then converted to pounds. You won't hurt anything by trying and you can always delete the test product afterwards. I'm no expert but I hope it helps.

I have resoloved this now Edgeco thanks. However just when all was fine Ive hit another problem? Ive put the products in this morning and now the add to cart buttons are dead? Would you be so kind as to take a quick look so you know what I mean. Thank you

comfyking.com

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...