Stripe token errors again

I haven't seen any Stripe errors in here since January, but I can't figure it out on this new site I'm building. PS 5.4, downloaded Stripe .9.4. Uninstalled the old module, deleted it. The site is a fresh install and I tried Stripe with both my current theme and the default theme. I'm also running it Live, not Test. I triple checked the secret and public IDs for spaces. Nothing.

I keep getting: "Token required, please check for any Javascript error on the payment page".

I've got version .94 running successfully on a site running 1.4.10 and 1.5.3.

Edited by rturner (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Fortunately I found a copy of Stripe .9.1 and set it up with my new PS 5.4 shop. It works fine, no javascript / token errors. It does re-direct to "my account" page showing all my orders instead of a "thank you" page, but that's workable. IMO .9.4 still needs some fine tuning.

Hi 3dron, I can get that for you.... Are you experiencing the same issue?

It is strange because I can't reproduce this error, I went tested it and it worked fine.

Just a reminder, that if you have any javascript issue on your website, many payments solutions wont work, in this case, Stripe gives a token error.

I've got another 1.5.4 installation which uses the Stripe .94 easily. I haven't figured out the problem with this site, scratching my head. It doesn't seem to be theme related, so maybe I've got another module that has changed a needed variable. I've got Stripe .91 here, but if you can send it, Benjamin, great. The .91 redirect to the customer's order log is minor because (1) they've already placed the order and (2) they get an instant email confirmation.

Thanks for advice Benjamin. But I always find it odd on any support forums how people dont like to just answer other people's questions but rather explain why there question is not valid or proper route.

I have exhausted every other 'explicit' route. It is hard when others who don't have the problem think we must be crazy or have some other controllable issue on their Presta install.

None of the methods work. (test mode, 1 screen 3 screen 5 screen 10 screen, upside down, inside out)

I would just like to try the older version since I never had that one and it might just work.

The closest to anyone offering something looking promising was in this thread:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/210554-plugin-issue-stripe-plugin-error-token-required/page__st__20__p__1192563__hl__stripe__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=1192563

Hello All

I have resolved the issue.

In stripe-prestashop.js

replace

$(document).ready(function() {

line with following code

$.noConflict();

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

It will resolve the issue.

Then I see others go way and above fixing what Stripe should address ASAP. There should be updates daily until THEY fix their problems.

Attached are 3 files that I have patched to correct the issues noted above. It is truly sad that Prestashop has still not addressed these issues.

This should only be used for Stripe Module version 0.9.4. Install the Stripe module as normal, and then upload these 3 files.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=70597

So can I please get the .9 link?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Stripe is giving me "Token required, please check for any Javascript error on the payment page." Error log has no errors. Keys and Webhooks are set. I have edited the javascript file as indicated and even tried replacing the three files in this thread. I also updated the Stripe module. I can not check out!! Please help. the store is at http://awardfilms.com/shop and the payment gateway is in test mode. It did work once after editing the javascript file, but I must have messed something up.

Are you getting this error? Token required, please check for any Javascript error on the payment page.

It took me a while to get this working, but thanks to a Stripe employee on IRC it is now working correctly just replace this file in the stripejs module. this works with Prestashop 1.5.4.1

stripe-prestashop.zip

Edited by brucedevries (see edit history)

Are you getting this error? Token required, please check for any Javascript error on the payment page. It took me a while to get this working, but thanks to a Stripe employee on IRC it is now working correctly just replace this file in the stripejs module. this works with Prestashop 1.5.4.1

Hi Bruce, we checked the stripe.js file that you had. The problem you had seems to be coming from your store having two jQuery's running at the same time. However, we checked your store and could find only one. That said, it may be because of a module that you recently disabled, if you have disabled any module recently, could you please let us know.

If that is not the case, then we would love to have access to your store to install the original .js file, find the error, and solve it for your store using the original PrestaShop stripe-prestashop.js file.

Please let us know if we can do that for you. Thanks for the message again.

Regards,

Benjamin

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...