Set Up Multistore with Different Domains on Prestashop 1.5.4 Help Needed

My first post after a month of reading.

I need some help to setup my multistore. I've read many articles on thei matter, but still having difficulties. Long story short:

First prestashop was installed in a folder on my hosting account.

It was working fine with my domain.

Then, a week later, I decided to change domain and purchased a new one.

In order to move the shop to the new domain, after asking my hosting support I copied the files to my new domain root folder. settigns.inc.php file has been changed in order to point to the Prestashop database. Works fine.

After a week Google indexed the store and visitors from organic search are already comming.

Now I want to setup the multistore function and use my other domains as separate stores selling different items. There comes the hard part. No matter what I do, I can't make it work. I do all the setting on Prestashop step by step, but whae I click on the url it leads to 404 page or to my main shop.

It's probably related to what I did when moving the shop from folder to another domain root, but can't figure out what I'm missing ...

Please, help!

Not sure what you mean. I've added domain as addon domain through my cPanel. If you could provide a screenshot of that setting, it would be Great! Thanks.

Mission accomplished :)

Thanks to the great customer support of my hosting provider. Actually a member of the staff took care of my issue. He read the documentation and suggested a solution.

Thank you, CHARLIE. You are the man !

Edited by FountainPenMarket (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

And I have just made multi store work! Even though Prestashop said that mod_url wasn't able to be set up, it was really that it couldn't sense it from the server. I checked with my hosting company and they said it was enabled by default.

So make sure you enable URL rewriting. Create a shop from any of the tutorials online and when it comes to creating your new URL fo the shop simply enter the Virtual URL and your shop will work. If you have another domain name that is on your server (e.g. cPanel), then make sure it is not forwarded to anywhere and set it up as a parked domain. Then make the new shop become that domain. Seems okay and I may write it up fully along with my discoveries as a newbie on Prestashop.

It's a lot to learn, but once you get your head around where everything is, it actually seems logical... sort of.

• 1 month later...