[solved] Problem with overlapping images on Home slider

post-520762-0-16574900-1366186447_thumb.pngHi,

My home slider is overlapping the images as you can see in the picture, the size of my images is 500x300 , is a fresh installation with very few changes and none of them made in the home slider module. This overlapping is not related to the theme I installed since it started before I installed my new theme, I tried changing the size of my slides, resetting and reinstalling the home slider module without any results. Any idea how to fix that??

Thanks!

my url: http://plazzastore.com/index.php

post-520762-0-53024300-1366185736_thumb.png

Thank you for your reply Vekia,

No. I still have the problem. I have a widescreen laptop at home and there I see the overlapping images. At work I use an old monitor and there the slider look just fine! I have no clue why...

any thoughts?

My home slider is overlapping the images as you can see in the picture, the size of my images is 500x300 ,

You mentioned your image size is 500x300 but they are actually 535x300

Also the native size of the images varies from 752x323 to 825x271 and 4 are png and one is a jpeg.

Like Vekia said, it looks fine to me too (using a 24" widescreen HD display)

Maybe try changing the images to all jpg and size to 535x300. Not sure it will fix it but sometime if images sizes are off, particullarly transparent png they will overlap. Don't ask me how - but I have seen it on several occasions.

• Like 1

Hi Whispar1,

thank you for your advice, I tried with 535x300 JPG images with no luck and just noticed that the problem is somehow related to the browser, in IE8 the slider look just fine.... the problem just show up in Chrome

Hi Whispar1,

thank you for your advice, I tried with 535x300 JPG images with no luck and just noticed that the problem is somehow related to the browser, in IE8 the slider look just fine.... the problem just show up in Chrome

but we are checking it in chrome and it works well, take a look: http://i.imgur.com/kB2z6TP.png

maybe try to clear cache in your browser

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi, I recently bought a theme (deco evo) on presthashop. Not sure what im doing wrong but when I enable the image slider on homepage, it overlaps some blocks (my account, categories etc). Its definitely not because of the image size on the slider because the image im using is the default image that came with the theme. Very new to this whole prestashop thingy...May be I'm doing something stupid..Please help

Hi, I recently bought a theme (deco evo) on presthashop. Not sure what im doing wrong but when I enable the image slider on homepage, it overlaps some blocks (my account, categories etc). Its definitely not because of the image size on the slider because the image im using is the default image that came with the theme. Very new to this whole prestashop thingy...May be I'm doing something stupid..Please help

it's probably because of height of this slider

can you share url to your website? it's necessary to inspect it