About us (maximum length)?

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Although this reply is a bit late! I thought I would add it on anyway for people like me who were searching for an answer to this problem. There is a maximum length for the cms pages. The only reliable way around this I have found so far is to go directly into the ps_cms_lang table in the database and add your information directly into there in html format.

1. Once you have add the information as you would into the CMS try saving and if it produces that error copy the text
2. Once all of it is copied remove enough text so that it saves correctly and builds the file in the database.
3. Go back into the CMS section and paste the full text back in
4. Click on the "html" button to display your text as html and copy all of that
5. Go into the database and into the ps_cms_lang table and find the section you are trying to add the text to
6. Find the "content" column and you will see your text in there in HTML format.
7. Highlight all of that text and paste in you full html code.
8. Save it and refresh the website.

I'm sure there is another fix but adding numbers to code the file Classes/CMS.php > "'content' => 65536" didn't work for me.

If anyone knows an easier/correct method of doing this without going into the database please let me know as it will save me time as well as others who have encountered this issue!

Many thanks

• 10 months later...

And I respond more later ... ;-)
Helped me change in Classes/cms.php - around line 24 find the number between 65536 and that the transcripts of what you need.
Sorry for my English -> translated by Google's uncle.

This line:

protected $fieldsSizeLang = array('meta_description' => 255, 'meta_keywords' => 255, 'meta_title' => 128, 'link_rewrite' => 128, 'content' => 65536);