Product specific shipping options.

Hi there!

I'm very new to PrestaShop (only been working with it for a couple days), so please forgive me if this is a tired old question. So far, I really like PrestaShop and have found it to be easy to work with. I've only had one issue so far...

I have added several shipping carriers and configured all the pricing, etc. But when I create a new product and select the shipping method I want to use for that product it does not work. When I add that product to my cart, all of the available shipping carriers are offered reguardless of the fact that I specified that I only wanted a particular carrier to be used for that product.

I've been messing with this for a long time and I've pretty much just given up, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

post-536085-0-10813700-1365630222_thumb.jpg

post-536085-0-58240700-1365630222_thumb.jpg

hi musezy,

your selecting a particular shipping for a product ,after check out you have are at the summary stage thats y listing all the carrier but the actual thing works at after you have logged in and then at the shipping stage you can see the carrier you have selected for that product, you go through login and shipping stage you will understand... :rolleyes:

So you are telling me that at Stage 1 of checkout (Summary) it shows all shipping options no matter what? But then at Stage 4 (Shipping) it will only show the ones I have selected for that product?

No offense, but that seems kind of stupid. So a customer could *think* they will be able to choose a lower shipping rate then they actually will be able to? That is kind of misleading and annoying.

Edited by Musezy (see edit history)

The default carrier is currently set to "Best Price" as I don't really have a "default" that I want to use. Shipping will always be the same depending on what type of item they buy (like fish or plants). So I don't want a default... I just want the specific option that I allow for each type of product.

So if someone is going to buy live fish that requires overnight shipping (and costs more), I dont' want them to think they can choose the $6 priority mail option that I use for sending plants. I only want them to see the overnight shipping option for $40. Does that make sense?

• 1 month later...

I have this very same issue, not with the same products, but I don't want customers to think they can choose media mail (for books) when they are purchasing an amplifier, for instance. Is there a solution for this dilemma?

• 1 month later...