ALMOST THERE! - Adding a Warning when Users aren't logged in at checkout?

1.5.3 install

Please see my last post as the issue has changed!

What I am looking to do:

A)Remove the standard 'Free Shipping!' that defaults when no carrier is selected/not available or cart is empty - BUT reserve free shipping for one carrier (our local free delivery to our wholesale customers) which is only available when logged in as a customer in the wholesale group we created.

I changed translations via the BO or via the shopping_cart.tpl and blockcart.tpl from 'free shipping!' to 'Sign in'

Why this doesn't work:

Well if a customer in the wholesale group logs in and selects the local ''free' delivery they see 'Sign in' in the two fields at the table and the blockcart - when I just want it to say Free or or even just $0.00

Is there some easy way i can trick the system so that when our 'free' local delivery is selected everything will just show as $0.00?

Please s

Edited by dsgnmind (see edit history)

All texts in PS are normally editable using translations. So if you want to change your English texts into some other English texts, DON'T edit the text in the tpl file directly, but use the translations menu option. So, Go to Translations and check Either front office translations or module translations and click on the USA flag for English-> English "translations".

Then try to locate the field you want to change (search for your text in your browser (Ctrl-F or so)). Then in the field next to it, add '0.00' or 'Free' or so and see if that works.

Hope this helps (or at least gives some direction)

Pascal.

Well I have changed translation via BO and .tpl files for different reason. half the time you try through the BO it crashes the database or site or something. Plus these change are permanent - so whats the harm in changing the .tpl

Some modules didn't even provide translations to change in the BO so then you have no choice.

I've tried changing 'Free!' to $0.00 But that doesn't domino the desired result of making 'Free Shipping!' in blockcart and the check-out summary go to the $0.00. BUT I will try it again just to entertain that maybe I missed a step somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

This is part two of a two part issue of getting around prestashop's default 'Free Shipping!' issue. You can follow our solution to this issue in that we completely removed shipping info from blockcart. That solution can be found here: http://www.prestasho...ng/page__st__20

For part two we have already gone with changing the 'Free Shipping!' to '$0.00' via the translations method in the BO under the shopping-cart heading. Go to Localization > Translations > etc.

Now what we would like to do is provide a disclaimer such as, 'Please sign in or provide an address to see correct shipping and tax info.' above or below the table summary when the customer is NOT logged in. And have that warning go away once they ARE logged in.

I already know I want the tag to be in this position, right before the table. But, again - not sure how to write the IF statement to make it go away once an address is given.

{/if}
<p>{l s='Your shopping cart contains:'} <span id="summary_products_quantity">
{$productNumber} {if $productNumber == 1}{l s='product'}{else}{l s='products'}{/if}
</span></p>
<p class="warning">{l s='Please sign in or provide an address to see correct shipping
and tax info.'}</p>
<div id="order-detail-content" class="table_block">
<table id="cart_summary" class="std">
 <thead>
  <tr>

I'm not a code person, and I'm not sure exactly where to place it and if something else needs to happen to make it disappear.

Any help in this direction would be greatly appreciated.

post-442115-0-38062600-1365478619_thumb.jpg

@dsgnmind

What file are you putting the warning in? I want to do that also but don't really care about having it disappear after being logged in.

Your other fixes are simple and work just fine. However, I put in TBD for To Be Determined for Free Shipping! translation instead of $0.00.

Never mind. I found it.

"The file for the cart summary is....

Root\themes\THEMEFOLDER\cart=summary.tpl"

Is what you had in the other thread but it is the shopping-cart.tpl file.

Edited by fdjsurplus (see edit history)

The reason we are sticking with '$0.00' over something like 'Sign In' or 'TBD' is that what ever you choose will pop back up in other scenarios.

For instance - if you do offer to customers a free shipping option (and we do for our local wholesale customers) then whatever you replaced 'Free Shipping!' with will pop back up because this is the way prestashop's permissions work. It won't make any sense to have 'Sign In' or 'TBD' pop back up once shipping actually IS free.

Another scenario is when you create a voucher for free shipping (which we will also use for promotions and such in the futute). Again the replaced text will pop back up which will cause confusion. So thus we found that '$0.00' is the best choice for each potential scenario...

This way you get...

$0.00 because you're not logged in (and the warning I'm trying to get the answer to in this thread is there to bring attention to this - plus tax also says '$0.00' which is in line with what we are doing)

You'll get

$0.00 because the customer selected the free shipper option.

and you'll get

$0.00 because the customer used a voucher that was free shipping.

As a second option you could take out the text completely and leave just s=''

In that scenario it should be blank until correct amount are auto filled, I haven't tried this yet.

The file I'm trying to insert the warning into is cart-summary.tpl under Root>themes>THEMEFOLDER>cart-summary.tpl

Again looking to pull the right 'if' or 'if else' statement to have this warning go away once a delivery address is present.

@dsgnmind

We don't do all that extra stuff. We just have free shipping set to $150 and up. So the TBD works fine in our case. I will go thru everything and check one more time.

We are running version 1.5.2 and there is no cart-summary.tpl in the Themefolder. It is shopping-cart.tpl for adding the warning is what works on our version. Anyways, all your fixes are fairly simple and work great for us. Thanks very much!

Forgot to mention... now that that issue is solved a remaining issue for us is that we would like the Manufacturer's name to show up on the product page for each product. Ever run across a solution for that? I will keep looking thru all these forum message if not.

Forgot to mention... now that that issue is solved a remaining issue for us is that we would like the Manufacturer's name to show up on the product page for each product. Ever run across a solution for that? I will keep looking thru all these forum message if not.

Have not - we don't use manufactures as we are the manufacture.

Also my mistake the file IS shopping-cart.tpl !!!

ALMOST THERE!

I was able to get my warning in and pop up by using and if / else statement

I basically removed the static heading and stole the {if $isLogged AND !$isGuest} from the order-opc.tpl file to trigger the replacement heading and added an else statement to trigger the yellow warning,

I modified the code in shopping-cart.tpl from the theme folder from this

{capture name=path}{l s='Your shopping cart'}{/capture}
{include file="$tpl_dir./breadcrumb.tpl"}
<h1 id="cart_title">{l s='Shopping cart summary'}</h1>
{if isset($account_created)}
<p class="success">
 {l s='Your account has been created.'}
</p>
{/if}

to this...

{capture name=path}{l s='Your shopping cart'}{/capture}
{include file="$tpl_dir./breadcrumb.tpl"}

<!-- BEGIN SIGN IN WARNING -->
{if $isLogged AND !$isGuest}
  <h1 id="cart_title">{l s='Welcome Back! Here is your shopping
cart summary'}</h1>
 {else}
  <p class="warning">{l s='Please sign in or provide an address
to see correct shipping and tax info.'}</p>
{/if}
<!-- END SIGN IN WARNING -->

{if isset($account_created)}
<p class="success">
 {l s='Your account has been created.'}
</p>
{/if}

by borrowing lines from other files. PLEASE NOTE - I am NOT a developer / or HTML [spam-filter]. I just looked at what seems to do what and got this far.

HOWEVER - the warning (yellow one) does stick around once the customer does log in. The heading only pops up if you refresh the page. I would really like this warning to change automatically to the heading once the customer logs in. What do I need to add to make this occur?

here are jpgs or the warning and the replacement heading.

post-442115-0-80384300-1365654760_thumb.jpg

post-442115-0-95783200-1365654767_thumb.jpg