Theme Idea-- Anyone seen similar

Hi all, I'm a newbie here, just getting up and running, discovering the wonders of PrestaShop

I have a concept for a Jewelery website I am setting up.

I want to know if anyone has seen similar or can give me a point in the right direction.
Also I have the beta version of PS installed, but can roll back if required.

I want to show lots of items on the front page, I don't need loads of menu boxes etc so will probably be heading in the direction of a two column site.

I want to incorporate scrolling pictures, (a slide show like on iPods)

The challenge is, I want a visitor to start with just one picture, each time they click on a thumbnail on the front page, a detailed picture is added to the slide show.

I think this will really add dept to the site, visitors will find it really easy to compare items.

Some of you may say, "been done before" or "that easy", in which case please please tell, I'm stuck.

Any help, view or pointers very very greatly received.

EDIT
No body seems to have any ideas yet! maybe I'm after something which is just to complicated.
In which case has anyone any suggestions how I can really make a feature of the 'last viewed items'.
Something like an adaptation of 'compare products'. It must be stylish and fluid to use.
Something which creates a group of photos relating to items viewers have recently viewed.

I hope its clear what I'm asking for and I really one of you kind souls out there I an Idea.

King Regards
Mike
Dedicated Newbie

• 4 months later...