State not showing in one page checkout

I installed a brand new Prestashop 1.5.3 and configured for one page checkout in the back end but can not checkout because state is missing. The 5 step checkout works, state shows up. is there a fix for this issue?

Hmm...

A few questions:

did you do any change work on either zones, countries, states? Deleted items, or disabled any items here?

quick check/try:

Did you delete all languages except for English? If so, please add 1 other language (preferably french, iso/language code 'fr') and just disable it, NOT delete it. See if this helps...

(BTW, I see you have another problem with your site: If you go to log in on the upper right of your site, you get this error:

This web page has a redirect loop

)

Therefore the next question: What apache version, what php version, and especially what MySQL version do you use on your host?

do they comply to the PS requirements? http://www.prestashop.com/en/system-requirements

Let us know,

Pascal

Hi I did not change anything in zones or languages, I appreciate your help weird issue bc the state shows up the in 5 step process in the long form checkout.. I also added french and spanish in languages but same issue

Server information

Server information: Linux infong 2.4 #1 SMP Thu Feb 14 13:02:49 CET 2013 i686 GNU/Linux Linux infong 2.4 #1 SMP Thu Feb 14 13:02:49 CET 2013 i686 GNU/Linux Linux infong 2.4 #1 SMP Thu Feb 14 13:02:49 CET 2013 i686 GNU/Linux

Server software version: Apache

PHP version: 5.4.12

MySQL version: 5.1.67-log

Missing files (1)

• .gitignore

What else can I do to resolve this issue?

Edited by rxalex (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having this issue as well, but with the country field too, in only one circumstance and in one spot: if the customer is not logged in, using the opc, and trying to add a second address.

The country and state field display just fine for the main opc address view, but if you click the "use a different address for billing" checkbox, the state and country lines do not display for the new address. This is not a browser-related problem: regardless what I use, the fields don't display when you try to add the second address.

I'm using 1.5.3.1, and I'm not sure if it's relevant but I have guest accounts disabled.

Edit:

After looking at authentication.tpl, hoping to find a magic solution since parts of it are very similar, I noticed that it has a few lines of variables that order-opc-new-account.tpl doesn't:

countries = new Array();

countriesNeedIDNumber = new Array();

countriesNeedZipCode = new Array();

I tried copying these and putting them in the same area on order-opc-new-account.tpl, but they did nothing. :(

Edited by artofadornment (see edit history)

Update: I played around with copying and pasting from the parts of the address form that *did* work, and came up with this. Rxalex, this may help you somewhat too:

On order-opc-new-account.tpl I changed :

{elseif $field_name eq "country"}

to:

{elseif $field_name eq "country" || $field_name eq "Country:name"}

then changed:

<option value="{$v.id_country}" {if ($sl_country == $v.id_country)} selected="selected"{/if}>{$v.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</option>

to:

<option value="{$v.id_country}" {if (isset($guestInformations) AND $guestInformations.id_country == $v.id_country) OR (!isset($guestInformations) && $sl_country == $v.id_country)} selected="selected"{/if}>{$v.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</option>

and then:

{/if}
{/foreach}
{if !$stateExist}
<p class="required id_state_invoice select" style="display:none;">

to:

{/if}
{/foreach}
{if !$stateExist}
<p class="required id_state_invoice select">

Remember, that's only for fixing the country & state not showing in the second (invoice) address in the opc, but it may give you clues as to what to look for in the main address if something isn't working properly there.

Edited by artofadornment (see edit history)
  • Like 1