How To Add Image "alt" Tags?

Hey guys,

We imported our database from osCommerce and product images are properly using alt tags (which are the actual product names which shows up below the images by default). However I can't find how to add this with new products added from scratch into our new presta store. Is there a place to input it somehow in back office? I can't even find a field for that...Maybe these are generated automatically somehow, but something needs to trigger it?

Any help on this would be highly appreciated!

Greetings, neu

Edited by neu (see edit history)
  • Like 1

If it was generating it, I wouldn't have done this post, right? :) I retested it, it does not add the tag for new product for me regardless if it has combinations or not.

Some additional info which I've found out now. The tag disappears when I replace an image with a new one. Is there a way to regenerate or reindex the database so they will be updated?

To make it clear, this is how I tested:

- Origianl product with two images: Both shows the alt tag whic is the name of the product

- Original product with two images, only one replaced (updated): the one replaced doesn't show the alt tag

- Original product with two images, both replaced: none of them shows the alt tag.

Products do use combinations.

Did anyone experience this before?

OK, here's some new findings.

The tags that show up are actually the ones form the import, and not ones that are generated from the current prioduct title. This means that those tags are not generating at all for some reasons, no matter if it's a new or an imported product. I also believe they should, but they don't. No mods in the webshop...:(

• 2 months later...

That's still F***ed up after the release of PS 1.5 till it's actual version. NO alt tags in the BO. I wrote a couple of times to the PS team and I can't understand why this major lapse is still not corrected.

I want to manually write the Alt tags for every picture in different languages!!!

P.S. I have to pay extra money to a company to fix this issue!

Edited by guanooo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem in prestashop 1.5.4 : no names under new up loaded images  nor in FO nor in BO. It's a real disadvantage compared to previous version of prestashop where it was working perfectly.

Now my shop has diffrent kind of images. The one coming from previous version with names in FO and BO and the new uploaded ones with no names in BO and FO.