How Do I Uninstall Old Prestashop From Godaddy So I Can Install Latest Version

I have a very old version of prestashop in godday. Its more than two years old and was never updated. I would like to uninstall it and reinstall the latest version of prestashop. I dont mind loosing what is there - I just want a fresh start. How do I accomplish this?

If you don't want anything at all, delete the directory and delete the mysql database. Everything you have will be discarded. You will need to setup the products, customize the theme, etc. If you had customers and data, all that will be lost too.

If you have some customizations that you did and want to keep, better to try upgrading.

• Like 1

@sahwira,

I'm with Go Daddy and came across your post.

Like @Rhapsody stated you can delete the directory and mysql database and then re-install Prestashop.

If you need any assistance with this or have any additional questions, please feel free to reply or send me a private message.

• Like 1

Thank you for the help.

I deleted the old database and created a new one.

I deleted the old directory and uploaded the version of prestashop. Now I get the error below when I try to access my website:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache Server at africanauthentics.com Port 80

You need to go to this link: to complete the install. I can see Prestashop is loaded there.

Also - you need to setup something in the root of your website to handle the web address http://africanauthentics.com - either a redirect to something else that exists or build your web page at the root level.

-Mod Edited to remove Sensitive link

Edited by Benjamin Utterback (see edit history)

I am stuck at stage 3 of the installation process. I am getting this error: " Database Server is not found. Please verify the login, password and server fields (DbPDO)"

I noticed that quite a few people on the forum ran into the same error but I found no satisfactory resolution.

May someone please help?