HTTP 404 error with login page

I'm using prestashop v1.1(final) version

The whole application was working fine apart from small bugs , but suddenly 404 errors started occuring if you click “checkout”, “Log in”, “Your account”, “cart” or even "contact" links. The message displayed looks like this:

This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage.

I've searched on the forum for possible solution and found that exactly similar problem was reported previously as well.
but no proper solution was posted.
I even tried out enabling friendly urls with .htaccess file, but still problem persists.

Kindly suggest a solution for this issue.

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem. In Back Office is not possible to open the second page of listed products in the catalog. (The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.) Kindly suggest a solution for this issue please.

• 2 weeks later...

My issue is similar to Devo

Devo - You most likely have Friendly URL on in preferences. If you do, go to TOOLS and then GENERATE - follow the directions there to generate an .htaccess file.

If you continue to have issues, disable Friendly URLS in Preferences.

• 11 months later...