Remove 'our Stores' From Left Hand Menu In 1.4

Help! How do I get rid of the 'Our Stores' link in the CMS block on the left?

I have been through everything on this thread, but none of it makes any difference.

I already have the Stores Block disabled.

When I go to CMS block, configure, there is no option to disabled the 'Our Stores' link, but it only has the links for the footer there anyway.

Same with the Information block in Positions.

Plus:

- in tools > stores, I have all store contacts disabled, and have disabled the address in the stores table.

- I've tried editing the .tpl and .php CMS files

NONE OF IT WORKS!!!! :(

I am using version 1.4.9. Please can someone help.

Edited by TheFunkyOrchard (see edit history)

There is an option to disable the Our Stores in the CMS configuration , you need to click on the pencil and edit the left CMS block and change display Our Stores to NO.

I'm sorry tdr170, but I think you may be talking about a different version of Prestashop.

When I go to CMS configuration there is a list of the links that are in the CMS block, but 'Our Stores' is not in that list, as such there is no way to select 'no' for it.

The only place where there is an edit option for the CMS block is in the module section, where I can 'configure' it, but this only changes which links are displayed in the footer, and again 'our stores' is not an option to turn on and off here.

I despair!

Version 1.5.3.

I could disable the Our Stores block but the link in the footer remained. PS doesn't allow you to sequence the CMS pages the way you like... To resolve, I had to edit the /modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl, there's a section called MODULE Block footer, I had to completely remove the PS code and hardcode the links I wanted, also allowed me to display them in the order I desired. This is simple display logic that should be inherent to any website (which links display and sort order)...

Version 1.5.3.

I could disable the Our Stores block but the link in the footer remained. PS doesn't allow you to sequence the CMS pages the way you like... To resolve, I had to edit the /modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl, there's a section called MODULE Block footer, I had to completely remove the PS code and hardcode the links I wanted, also allowed me to display them in the order I desired. This is simple display logic that should be inherent to any website (which links display and sort order)...

Under Preferences, Store contacts there is an option to display Our Stores in the footer you do not need to remove code from the .tpl file.

All versions are the same when it comes to editing the CMS block, here are some pics for you to see.

They are basically the same from 1.4 through 1.5.

-------------------------------

Ok, admittedly I hadn't spotted that option .. BUT .... it's already got the cross selected, so why isn't it working? :(

I would upload a screenprint to show you, only I can't work out how to embed a picture as you have .. and that is embarassing lol.