Ipage Script Installation

after installing prestashop on ipage using the ipage "simplescript" I get an "internal serve" error when trying to view products:

http://www.birchbark...troller=product

This is on an unmodified installation.

Note that I need to install in a subdirectory not the main directory of my web page.

Have others seen this problem?

Should I try the "standard" FTP installation method?

Any other ideas?

I didn't figure the answer out myself. I got some help from ipage technical support (after some harassment on my part -- it seems to me that if they provide an "installation script" -- it should work on thier site. In any case, I did get this "explanation" from them -- again after some harassment.........

----------------------------- FROM IPAGE TECH SUPPORT ----------------------------

I completely understand your concern and would be more than happy to look into the request right away. Please note that, the PHP version 5.2 which you had set for your account was causing the issue. It appears to be that the Prestashop application which you have installed in your account required PHP v5.3. So, we have updated the PHP version to 5.3 and updated the proper session save path to fix the issue. Please check the functionality of your Prestashop website once from your end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps you. If you understand what the "session save path" is and how it relates to the problem, please let me know.