Voucher Box Not Appearing In Ff

Hi all,

I only want to add some information it may help to find another solution to this issue.

First of all, many thanks to hellomobio, who wrote this post linking to: http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-1146
There, in Comments section, I've found the information to make some tests.

I have this problem in PS 1.5.6.1.

I have Paypal module configured as Standard Payment, and I also have Use Express Payment enabled.

I've been able to reproduce the problem in both cases (Standard Payment and Express Payment) by clicking the previous page button of my browser when being in Paypal payment webpage. By doing that (clicking the previous page button of the browser), we go back to our online store in a non-smartly way, and Paypal does not notice that we have left it's webpage. I think that this is the problem.
Probably it's related to cookies, as mentioned in older posts. That's why cleaning browser cache works.
So I think that another solution would be to delete that information stored by Paypal, that is not deleted automatically because of the following explanation.

If we want to leave Paypal's payment webpage, we are supposed to use the "Cancel and go back to the merchant's website" link that we can find at the bottom left side of Paypal's webpage. 

Let's have a look at this link.
Here's an example:
If Paypal's payment webpage is like this:

the "Cancel and go back to the merchant's website" link is like this:

Please notice that if we leave Paypal's payment in a smartly way, there are 2 variables being passed:
paypal_ec_canceled=1
token=EC-02T510184A193301G

If I reproduce the problem (voucher box disappears) and, when I'm back to my online store I manually add
?paypal_ec_canceled=1

at the end of my store's url, and I access that url, voucher box appears again!!

I'm not sure if a non-smart solution would be to add the "?paypal_ec_canceled=1" variable to the whole checkout process urls...

I hope that this information may bring new ideas to solve this problem.

Kind regards,

rufovi
Edited by rufovi (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

I go with replacing the cart id route and it's working. Express checkout is activated only on step 3. Prestashop 1.6, Paypal 3.10.

1. I also prefer to use PayPal express checkout shortcut (3 click checkout) in step 3. How is this any different than Express Checkout option in step 1?

2. Since the voucher box is supposed to be removed whenever we employ express checkout, will enforcing it trigger consequences later?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all,

I only want to add some information it may help to find another solution to this issue.

First of all, many thanks to hellomobio, who wrote this post linking to: http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-1146
There, in Comments section, I've found the information to make some tests.

I have this problem in PS 1.5.6.1.

I have Paypal module configured as Standard Payment, and I also have Use Express Payment enabled.

I've been able to reproduce the problem in both cases (Standard Payment and Express Payment) by clicking the previous page button of my browser when being in Paypal payment webpage. By doing that (clicking the previous page button of the browser), we go back to our online store in a non-smartly way, and Paypal does not notice that we have left it's webpage. I think that this is the problem.
Probably it's related to cookies, as mentioned in older posts. That's why cleaning browser cache works.
So I think that another solution would be to delete that information stored by Paypal, that is not deleted automatically because of the following explanation.

If we want to leave Paypal's payment webpage, we are supposed to use the "Cancel and go back to the merchant's website" link that we can find at the bottom left side of Paypal's webpage. 

Let's have a look at this link.
Here's an example:
If Paypal's payment webpage is like this:

the "Cancel and go back to the merchant's website" link is like this:

Please notice that if we leave Paypal's payment in a smartly way, there are 2 variables being passed:
paypal_ec_canceled=1
token=EC-02T510184A193301G

If I reproduce the problem (voucher box disappears) and, when I'm back to my online store I manually add
?paypal_ec_canceled=1

at the end of my store's url, and I access that url, voucher box appears again!!

I'm not sure if a non-smart solution would be to add the "?paypal_ec_canceled=1" variable to the whole checkout process urls...

I hope that this information may bring new ideas to solve this problem.

Kind regards,

rufovi

Hi,

I have me too the same problem. 

Ho w did you solve it?

thanks

Angela

i have paypal express set up. however it is causing more problems than hassle. paypal wont deal with it. it was the free paypal module. it also effects the trash can on checkout page gets removed if you cancel your order back into the website from paypal. id love to just use stripe, but im worried removing paypal will lose customers! sorry just my rant with paypal on prestashop at the moment!

• 2 weeks later...