Slow Back Office Product Update

I have the same problem. I talked to PS tech support and they helped me "optimize" my site. I was still having problems so I talked to my host company and told them that the server was slow. They said that it was a problem with the cache system in PS. When we looked into it my host says I am using up too much of the server and we could get shut down. (I had a total of 364,265 files and at max am allowed 200,000 per my hosting company.) When I talked to Prestashop tech support they said that there was no way that I should have to many files to use up the server (I am a small store with 1600 product and approx 100 categories. We looked at everything and found that the Cache system had made about 10,000 files per directory so he told me to delete them and we will work on the cache system problem. Well after deleting them I rechecked my host company totals and now the total was up to 496923. So AFTER deleting files the number of files got bigger. I quickly called PS tech support and the guy was completely confused. He looked at my file manager (ftp) and said that even tho it was deleting it.... it was putting them back in. So right now I am in limbo WAITING to find a solution to this problem. Is there a glitch in the cacheing system? I had this problem with the other hosting site that I had so I found another one that allowed more space and faster speed. But yet again I have the same problem.

Thanks for the reply. I am on a dedicated server - with 4-core cpu and 8GB ram - but still wait 30-40 seconds per product update.

I think the problem could be the number of categories - 1 000.

When i hit update - i notice very high CPU usage, no slow databse queries and increase in disk activity.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...