Back To Step 1 From Step 2 Presta 1.5 Install Ipage Sloved

This is for fresh install of prestashop 1.5 (this version is 1.5.3.1).

Anytime I try to install prestashop on ipage (after I uploaded the presta zip file and unzip it to "/" directory (I tried same install using upload via filezilla too)), and after I creat my new database with full rights ti it`s user, I open the browser put www.mydomainname.com/install , the install starts, I choose the language (french) but it goes back to English, accept the terms, next, I get all green check (after editing mysql php script of the server (open url on...etc). The result is that as soon as I click next to move to the third step, I get forwarded to step 1. I tried many forums, tried to install presta on Wamp and export, but user access issues (I edited sql file to USE "db", then anothet problem with access to information_schema).

- I asked ipage to install presta 1.5.3.1 for me, a guy did it, but after reducing it (default theme on my front office is missing header footer many images...).

I FINALLY SOLVED THE PROBLEM of installing presta with the help of another ipage online agent, He simply somehow allowed me to pass to the third page and proceed to install too (I was also allowed to choose different lang than french.

If you encounter the same problem, chat with ipage and ask for Rajesh B he is the only one who manged to have it installed (quickly and completely) for me.

Here is our chat discussion.

info: Thank you for contacting us.In order to ensure that we’re chatting with an authorized account owner, please be prepared to answer your security question when we begin chatting. If you have not yet set your Security Question and Answer, please log into your account now to set it up.At the end of our conversation, please keep this window open and complete our one question survey to let us know how we’re doing.We apologize in advance that our wait time may be longer than usual. We are experiencing high volume and all operators are currently assisting other customers. Thanks in advance for your patience, we'll be with you shortly.Please hold for the next available operator to respond.

info: You are now chatting with 'Rajesh B'

Rajesh B: Hi, how are you today?

Abouhou: Hallo

Rajesh B: How can I help you today?

Abouhou: I have a problem installing prestashop 1.5

Rajesh B: What exactly seems to be the issue?

Abouhou: It gets me to step 1.

Abouhou: As soon as I chose the langauge, all the check boxe are green

Rajesh B: Okay.

Abouhou: but whe I click next I get forwarded to step one.

Abouhou: One of your colleagues installed it for me yesterday but it is not complete

Rajesh B: I'm sorry about that.

Abouhou: it misses all images, headers footer ..etc

Abouhou: Can you please help install it completely

Rajesh B: Let me check it.

Rajesh B: I have fixed it for you.

Rajesh B: Please try installing it now,.

Abouhou: ok

Abouhou: I hope it works

Abouhou: Hurrray!!!! I did pass the second step.

Abouhou: I hope the install will finish completetly

Abouhou: Will let you know

Rajesh B: Sure.

Rajesh B: Is it working fine?

Rajesh B: Did you receive my last message?

Abouhou: Yes I did

Abouhou: It is installing now I had to choose MyIsam not (d_nob)

Abouhou: 75%

Abouhou: Installed

Abouhou: loading website

Abouhou: Website loaded completely with nothing missing

Abouhou: I am really greatful to you.

Rajesh B: It's my pleasure!

Abouhou: I should create a forum post and menstion your name if the want to install presta1.5

Rajesh B: Thank you for the compliments!

Abouhou: It is the truth

Abouhou: I have one little issue

Abouhou: I have one data base that

Abouhou: I don`t see on mysql databases

Abouhou: Before I install presta now, I tried to create a data base and I was told that it already exists

Rajesh B: Abouhou, all the databases created in the account are listed in MySQL tool in the control panel.

Abouhou: db: afaimaroc

Rajesh B: If you receive the error as the database exists, the database is created by another customer. On our platform, the database names should be unique.

Abouhou: I only see "afai" db

Abouhou: OK

Abouhou: as long as it doesn`t make any futureproblems.

Abouhou: Thanks a lot mr RAJESH B

Rajesh B: You're welcome!

Rajesh B: Have I answered all your questions?

Abouhou: Yes you did and perfectly

Rajesh B: If there’s anything that you’d like to tell our management team about your chat experience today, you can take a quick two-question survey. Just click the “Close” button on the top right corner of this chat window to end this chat and begin the survey.

Abouhou: Yes I will.

Abouhou: thanks again

Rajesh B: You're welcome!

Abouhou: bye

Rajesh B: Bye!

Now that it is installed, the hardest part will just begin.

Edited by Abouhou (see edit history)