Continue Shopping Function Not Working

I find it somewhat annoying to have to repeatedly ask a question that has already been overlooked before but what is the problem with the functionality of the continue shopping button?

When my shoppers hit continue shopping and instead of seeing products they are placed into a confounding loop of going through the checkout process it not only makes me look bad but gasp- dare I say it? makes prestashop look bad.

Is there some resolution why the continue shopping button isn't a functioning element?

• 5 months later...

I have exactly the same problem, I am on 1.5.4.1 version, deafult theme.

In my case this problem occurs randomly and it's not consistent, some time it's responding sometimes not responding.

makes prestashop look bad.

Agree with you.

• 3 months later...

The link of the "Continue Shopping" button should really take you to the homepage I think, but instead it takes you to the previous page. There must be a fix for this. Can anyone help?

please share url to your website and give us info about prestashop version that you use :)

v.1.5.4.1 - Basically what hapens is the following:  

If customer clicks "View cart" or "Checkout" then the "Cart summary" page opens and if clicks "Continue shopping" button then goes to home page - This is OK.

BUT if customer is in "My Account" page for example and clicks "View cart" or "Checkout" then the "Cart summary" page opens and if clicks "Continue shopping" button then goes back to "My Account" page. This is NOT OK.

The "Continue shopping" button always takes you back to the page you were at JUST before going to "Cart Summary". :(

How to change this?

• 1 month later...

Once on this (//bayimg.com/LaEhGaafm) page user will begin to change the amount of product button "Continue Shopping" does not work at all.

In Polish: (Kiedy na tej stronie zmienia się ilości produktu lub usuwa jakieś inne produkty przycisk kontynuuj zakupy w ogóle nie działa)

• 1 month later...

i checkd your page checkout process, everything works fine there, i can't reproduce issue.

where the problem is exactly? can you shed some more light on this please?

Could you check into this please?

I'm experiencing the same issue on my shop http://physiquetea.com

The continue Shopping button does not redirect to store homepage, it just keeps you on the shopping cart...

• 3 weeks later...
I have same problem. At the cart summary appear the Continue shopping button, but when I click on it navigate to the previous page (shop.webpaletta.hu/index.php?controller=order?step=1&multi-shipping=0), instead of the shop main page (/index.php). Have anybody an idea solve this problem?

PS 1.5.6.1.

• 4 weeks later...

v.1.5.4.1 - Basically what hapens is the following:  

If customer clicks "View cart" or "Checkout" then the "Cart summary" page opens and if clicks "Continue shopping" button then goes to home page - This is OK.

BUT if customer is in "My Account" page for example and clicks "View cart" or "Checkout" then the "Cart summary" page opens and if clicks "Continue shopping" button then goes back to "My Account" page. This is NOT OK.

The "Continue shopping" button always takes you back to the page you were at JUST before going to "Cart Summary". :(

How to change this?

hello

can you please share url to your website? 

it's hard to say what's goin on there without inspecting your website

Hi Vekia,

Still happens the same as I say above: - The "Continue shopping" button always takes you back to the page you were at JUST before going to "Cart Summary". :( - but it should probably take you to the home page.

URL: www.cocinacongadgets.com

If you want it to always go to homepage open shopping-cart.tpl and around line 419 change

<a href="{if (isset($smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER) && strstr($smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER, 'order.php')) || isset($smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER) && strstr($smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER, 'order-opc') || !isset($smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER)}{$link->getPageLink('index')}{else}{$smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'|secureReferrer}{/if}" class="button_large" title="{l s='Continue shopping'}">« {l s='Continue shopping'}</a>

to

<a href="index.php" class="button_large" title="{l s='Continue shopping'}">« {l s='Continue shopping'}</a>
Edited by dioniz (see edit history)
  • Like 1

If you want it to always go to homepage open shopping-cart.tpl and around line 419 change

<a href="{if (isset($smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER) && strstr($smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER, 'order.php')) || isset($smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER) && strstr($smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER, 'order-opc') || !isset($smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER)}{$link->getPageLink('index')}{else}{$smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'|secureReferrer}{/if}" class="button_large" title="{l s='Continue shopping'}">« {l s='Continue shopping'}</a>

to

<a href="index.php" class="button_large" title="{l s='Continue shopping'}">« {l s='Continue shopping'}</a>

Nice one dioniz . Seems to be working for me. :)

• 9 months later...

Hi, I know that this is an old thread but I am looking to fix the Continue Shopping button in order page as well, however, I can not find the line you mentioned in the newest version of presta.  I am on the default theme.  Is there a new method to fix this?  Thanks!

• 9 months later...