Guest Checkout??

Hello Everyone:

Is there a guest checkout available for customers that do NOT want to register for an account when ordering a product?  Amazon and other online shops have this available but for some reason I cannot find out if PrestaShop offers this as well. 

I only ask because some customers may not want to sign up for a newsletter or receive third party emails just because they ordered something from an online store.  Some people just want to visit an online shop, place an order, then proceed to checkout without having to register for an account with the merchant.

Any ideas where I can modify this feature/module/setting?  Thank you.

If I were you, I would edit the template for the signup form to give reasons that they should sign up. Privacy details and the like. Even a simple statement

We will never sell your personal information for any reason. Creating an account will allow you to track your order, report a problem, and even get live updates of the progress of the order. It only takes a minute - an email address and a name are all we need!

The funny thing is, that really is all PS requires. Email address and a name.

Yes, I agree!  Nevertheless, there are customers that don't like to register just to checkout.  I do like the idea of placing a small statement specifying the purpose of the registration bit.  Thank you!

Perfecto!  Now that's what I call speedy service.  How long till v1.0 stable comes out?

I wouldn't have thought to look up this featue as "1-click purchase."  Perhaps next time I will dig deeper through the forums journals.  Thank you for informing me.

• 3 months later...