Product Image Captions in 1.5?

Is it just me or is there something funny with Product Images in 1.5? Where is the image caption section????

I've just installed a new 1.5 PS (for a new shop) and unlike 1.4, there is not the capability for image captions? What's going on here - or is it just that my install has gone awry? Surly captions are still capable? It seems bizarre to me thhat you can't put a caption with a product picture. In my situation for this new shop, I actually HAVE to have captions for some of my pictures (for my products) to differentiate certain feature of a particular picture related to a product.

Is this no longer possible? I certainly HOPE not - I will have to go back to 1.4 if this is the case :-((

If someone can please let me know, that would be great.

Cheers,

Scott.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Is it just me or is there something funny with Product Images in 1.5? Where is the image caption section????

I've just installed a new 1.5 PS (for a new shop) and unlike 1.4, there is not the capability for image captions? What's going on here - or is it just that my install has gone awry? Surly captions are still capable? It seems bizarre to me thhat you can't put a caption with a product picture. In my situation for this new shop, I actually HAVE to have captions for some of my pictures (for my products) to differentiate certain feature of a particular picture related to a product.

Is this no longer possible? I certainly HOPE not - I will have to go back to 1.4 if this is the case :-((

If someone can please let me know, that would be great.

Cheers,

Scott.

Got any idea.I am also stuggle with this

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

UP !

I've just installed the 1.6.0.11 version, we had the 1.4.7 one where images could be called with different names.

Still unsolved ?

I think this is a big issue, because for SEO it's very important giving different caption to images.

Also if a upload them once a time and give them a new caption, the caption i give is also given to other images already uploaded.

Does anyone have a solution ?

Thanks

Pat

Hi, thanks

yes, I've already seen your post, but you talking about changing the caption one time, instead I mean giving each image a different caption, now in 1.6.0.11 is impossible (in 1.4 version there was) although you write it directly in the Database.

I think this is an important SEO issue

You can still give each image a separate caption, however you have to upload the images 1 at a time and set a caption for each upload. If you select to upload a single image and type your caption in the "Caption" field and click "UPLOAD FILES", you will see the caption for the image will be saved. You can then do the same for subsequent images.

It's not possible however to set captions for existing images or to modify captions you set. For this you have to upload the images again and set the caption then.

I have just tested this on PS v1.6.0.6 & on PS v1.6.0.14 and it works fine on both.

Hope this helps...

• Like 1

Thanks

I remember that I've also tried your method with a couple of products, but I think that each time the last caption I set it becomes also the caption for all the other images already insert. :unsure:

That's why I quit, anyway I will try another time with this method, maybe I've done a different sequence than you (like click SAVE or something else), hope you're right.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

If you have over 2000 products. and every product with at least 2 photo's. If you then need to go to every single article and load all pictures again!...it is very time consuming.

I normally load the photo's with a csv file, fast and easy...is there any database/way to work this out easier?

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...