Removing shopping cart Icon

I'm hoping someone would be able to help me.

I'm wanting to tweek the default theme ever so slightly, I'm wanting to remove the cart Icon at the top right of the page and move the welcome/ log in icon to the top navigation bar.

Is it possible to do it through the admin section? if not would I be able to edit some of the code to do so? and what code and how? sorry am a total noob at the html/code side of things. :wacko:

thanks in advance for any help :)

post-477034-0-06667400-1360239663_thumb.jpeg

the cart icon is just a background gif (image), to remove it you need to edit 'modules/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.css' line 24: and change from:

background: url('img/icon/cart.gif') no-repeat 10px 9px #eee;

To:

background: 10px 9px #eee;

To move the login/welcome section you need to provide absolute position to the same css file. (#header_user_info)

something like:

position: absolute;

top: 100px; <= depend on your site

right: 100px; <= depend on your site

• Like 1

the cart icon is just a background gif (image), to remove it you need to edit 'modules/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.css' line 24: and change from:

background: url('img/icon/cart.gif') no-repeat 10px 9px #eee;

To:

background: 10px 9px #eee;

To move the login/welcome section you need to provide absolute position to the same css file. (#header_user_info)

something like:

position: absolute;

top: 100px; <= depend on your site

right: 100px; <= depend on your site

Thank you for the reply.

I did the whole delete url('img/icon/cart.gif') no-repeat and all it did was remove the little cart icon it still left the little grey box and link? :mellow:

post-477034-0-81177400-1360302016_thumb.png

This is what you mention in your first post that you only want to remove the icon.

If you want to hide the entire gray box, just add to the same location where you deleted the url('image......) -> display: none;

this will hide it from the users, if you want to remove it completely from loading and not only hiding it you will need to edit blockuserinfo.tpl and comment lines 29-49 so instead:

{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}

{/if}

you will have:

{*if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}

{/if*}

• Like 1

This is what you mention in your first post that you only want to remove the icon.

If you want to hide the entire gray box, just add to the same location where you deleted the url('image......) -> display: none;

this will hide it from the users, if you want to remove it completely from loading and not only hiding it you will need to edit blockuserinfo.tpl and comment lines 29-49 so instead:

{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}

{/if}

you will have:

{*if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}

{/if*}

Thank you for the help :) , I should have made it a little clearer in the opening question

• 2 months later...

{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}

{/if}

you will have:

{*if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}

{/if*}

This works for me, many thanks :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...