Tweaking the default theme a little bit

Hello, all I want to do is change the background from white to a gradient image. I also am trying to figure out how to change the menu bars from the plain black to an actual image bar so I can make it look a little more professional. Any ideas on where to get started?

Go to themes/default/css/global.css and look for this line:

body {

font: normal 11px/14px Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;

color: #222;

background: #fff;

The background line can be changed with whatever color you want... #fff is white, but if you don't know how to use color codes, just use the name of the color eg. red, blue, black etc. you get my point.

If you want to add an image to the background, all you have to do is add next to the color url('url to the image') then add to that repeat-x or and repeat-y if you want it to repeat horizontally or vertically or both and after you set the repeat values set the position of the image.

example: background: #fff url('image/image.png') repeat-x top left;

To change the background of the menu to a image go to modules/blocktopmenu/css/superfish-modified.css and you'll be good from there with what I told you up.

Edited by Alexandrwc (see edit history)

plz how can i change the category description images?i want to change the the images on the slide from ipads to my own images?

Go into your Prestashop back office and click on Modules then search for module Image slider for your homepage click Configure underneath then you'll be able to edit the existing Sample images appearing in the Image slider on your homepage by adding your own images.

• Like 1