installing in / , shop in subdir ?

Hoi,

I'm new to prestashop. I like to pose some questions, which perhaps are trivial to expereienced users, but, like I said i'm a freshborn in the prestashop-sea.

I have created a site for my brother : www.amorvino.be .

The provider gave me a login and password for using FTP; All files are transfered to this home-dir. But in the instructionvideo they upload the files to the / (root)

In the instructionvideo it is said that when you serve to your dolain prestashop is started.

This can mean, for me only one thing, that in the files transferred there is a file like index.htm

There isn 't only a file index.php which is in the root-dir (see above ) and not in the FTP-home.

So how can you start prestashop creation?

The site has already a shop created with an other packadge.

Because the site has a real homepage entering the shop is established through the file http://www.amorvino.be/store/enterstore.htm . The sections "bestellen" and "assortiment" will be merged together using prestashop but the surfer does not by default enters the store, he picks an item from the homepage : so is the initial prestashop-file choosable? (or is it always index.htm) In the soft I used until now , you create the shop locally, you tell whichh is the initial file to enter the store and publish (using FTP) everything to the place you want .

I want to create also a store for testing. This store will be located in subdir test : this prestashop will be used too test new features / layouts before going "live". Is this possible ? (links directky to previous question)

So, my worries are perhaps irelevant, but, hei I'am new :rolleyes:

I would appreciated very much if someone could help me feeling comfortable to use prestashop .

Hello,

If you have content in your root directory and you want to keep it, you should install prestashop in subfolder. However, if you plan on replacing existing website with prestashop, you should remove old website and put prestashop installation there.

I'm assuming that you have put prestashop and its index.php file in root folder where other site is located.

Kind Regards,

Vladeta Radovanovic

presta-ecommerce.com team