PrestaShop MultiStore and Data

Hi there, I have understood that i can enable multistore option, define it directions but...

I'm having a brain damage here...

The Files

1º do i need to install prestashop all over again in the new www.example.com domain?

2º by doing 1º do i need to create a new mysql database for it all again?

3º Then setting all up for that url?

How are going the files get mixed? I mean how do i make my new www.example.com domain look like what i've defined on multistore options page?

I can't understand this well on the documentation it looks like it only works on sub-domains.ofthemaindomain.com

Does anyone knows how this works properly?

hello

No you just need one installation and one database. You can configure on your multistore different url. The best way to test it is to do

www.yoursite.com/shop1 and www.yoursite.com/shop2

On your admin panel you will have a drop box with all shops or shop1 or shop2. In that was you can manage different product on each shops. I am working on a multishop project.

hello

No you just need one installation and one database. You can configure on your multistore different url. The best way to test it is to do

www.yoursite.com/shop1 and www.yoursite.com/shop2

On your admin panel you will have a drop box with all shops or shop1 or shop2. In that was you can manage different product on each shops. I am working on a multishop project.

True but that is what I already know.. what I don't know is how can i install prestashop in another domain url and set it up for the same database and use the front page as a different store?.

That tutorial hasn't been made yet.. they only explain that there is a multistore option which u can define which name and which url it goes to.. but how to install it the second prestashop? and the files? the images? the products?

How to manage them in the same database go to another domain ftp server whatever?

How can i define which is which and on the same database set up a page for generators and another to compressors?

1 Backoffice yes true but many front pages in different domains how? Is it dns I have to configure? It is prestashop installer i need to set up on the new directory?

Should I define some kind of cron to make that read out?

Google is very helpful...try searching outside the forum search box next time and you will find plenty of useful links for example:

http://doc.prestasho...+multiple+shops

elpatron ehe i did and i already have read that file over and over.. and it doesn't mention how to duplicate a store has it should.. still have mu doubts thats why i put them to forums.

Well i hope someone could explain it to me better... Its like no one has ever used this functionality yet.

you don't duplicate the store....and how are we to know what you do know and don't know? what you read and haven't read...from the level of your question I just assumed you didn't know anything.

if you want to know how it works under the hood, then install one and play with it...

I don't think we could actually explain it well enough to meet your high standards

you don't duplicate the store....and how are we to know what you do know and don't know? what you read and haven't read...from the level of your question I just assumed you didn't know anything.

if you want to know how it works under the hood, then install one and play with it...

I don't think we could actually explain it well enough to meet your high standards

Ok, for that I'm Sorry, I guess you are right. I don't fully understand well how this might work.

I made this store > http://ferexcel.net/loja

And I would like to keep it and create this store http://ferexcel.net/loja/geradores/ with only the geradores section of the previous store.

But keeping them both working.

Is it possible? if that so how can i do that? Do i need to put prestashop files on /geradores?

The documentation you gave me... doesn't explain that... or I didn't follow it well..

Edited by ferexcel (see edit history)

you need to follow the guide, it tells you exactly how to add another store.

make sure to back everything up, mysql dump via phpmyadmin, ftp your root files to your local drive...but never do anything without backing up. it at all possible create a subomain with fresh intstall that you can play with...having a test site you can break without the sky falling is a good idea...

follow the guide

but it's pretty simple,

you can get a peak at it by just turning on mutlshop, and almost adding a store, what I mean by this is click add a store and look at the informtation on that screen, don't had it yet, take a screen shoot of it, here you can tell ps to share or not share between shops...

multishop is very nice...easy to use...don'y concern yourself how it does it, but how you add and manage your different shops...

let us know how it goes

Edited by elpatron (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

el patron, do you know if it's posible to add a submenu for each of the diferents shops in a multishop?

Thank you

Yes, but it depends on how you set up your multishop. I suggest creating a test 'sub-domain', creating the additional shop and experimenting with different configurations. Note: back up back up back up...

I also suggest that when a question is not specific to the original post, posting a new thread to get the most community exposure.

Edited by elpatron (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

hello

Yes, but it depends on how you set up your multishop. I suggest creating a test 'sub-domain', creating the additional shop and experimenting with different configurations. Note: back up back up back up...

I also suggest that when a question is not specific to the original post, posting a new thread to get the most community exposure.

hello i would to ask about how to create a multistore

i have 2 url

www.mywebsite1.com

www.mywebsite2.com

i would to link it together for share products and categories etc and same payment system.

1)should be in same host?

2)another shop should be under of 1website folder?

3)i would to use same back office for control everything like switch to both shops in eachother

we created the 2nd website under of 1st website

1st website www.shop4play.com

2nd website shop4play.com/worldbazaar