Multistore & Sub-directories

Hi guys,

I wish to have 3 separate shops all as sub domains and I am therefore using the multistore feature to do so. The root directory of my website is not a prestashop store and therefore my prestashop installation is in a sub-directory as follows:

my-website.com/shop/

I now wish to add the following 3 stores:

men

women

children

My question is can I add these 3 stores to my website as sub-directories (as below) to the root of my website or do there have to be sub-directories to the folder in which I have prestashop installed?

my-website.com/shop/ (main prestashop installation)

my-website.com/men/

my-website.com/women/

my-website.com/children/

If they have to be installed to the sub-directory of my prestashop installation then I will have shops in the following locations:

my-website.com/shop/

my-website.com/shop/men

my-website.com/shop/women

my-website.com/shop/children

In which case the main prestashop install at directory my-website.com/shop/ is not required so I am looking for a way to point my-website.com/shop/ back to the root of my website. Of course it will have to continue as the operating store but I do not wish for it to be available to the public.

Does anyone know of a way to do this or a possible solution?

Many thanks.

Hi blueraccoon, I think that by default it would have to be installed in the subdomain of your shop. I do not know of a way that the PrestaShop multistore can be used under a root store that is not a PrestaShop installation. I could be wrong and there may be a way to do it, but from my understanding by default it would look like my-website.com/shop/men