Mail color, seriously?

I know there's a setting called "Mail color" in the Themes section. The standard one is Pink. I set another color, and it looks like the change has gone through. However, when I try have a mail sent, it's still the standard pink one. Same if you look at the translation section of mails, all instances of colors are Pink.

I have tried turn of all CCC, cache/compile settings, and even manually deleted all cache/compile through FTP, and cleared browser cache and all that. But the problem still persists.

I use the latest version of Prestashop, and a theme called Warehouse from Themesforest.

If there's no way to fix this through normal backoffice interface, is there some one place to do it using dreamweaver or Notepad, or do I have to make these like hundred and hundred of changes all by hand?

Can't say I really want to do what. Honestly. I'd rather first know what's wrong, if it's a known bug or something wrong with my installation. If it is a bug, I find it really weird to include a function in a new update, that's not working.

I've tried it too. A gmail address, a yahoo and two other different domain addresses (POP3) ones. All are pink. I am almost starting to like it, but it still needs to go. :)

Can of course change all the e-mail templates manually, or perhaps sniff up some code to do it manually. But this till puzzles me.

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on this? I have made like 4 different installs, at two different hosts, and two different systems (Litespeed and Apache), in none of these this have been working. So I am pretty confident that this doesn't work out of the box.

Is there like ANY way of doing this, except for changing E-mail templates in the translation section? :-/

Hi Bocko, the color is defined in the email templates in your PS_folder/mails/language, so you can change it manually there.

Silvie

Yes I know I can, and that's what I had to do. But what I wondered was, if there was some one place to do it. Or what i could do to actually make it work. I strongly dislike editing code manually, not mainly because of the work. But from my fields of knowledge in other crafts, I know you shouldn't mess around with things unless absolutely necessary. When it comes to these kinds of things, keeping such changes through future updates etc. is always a headache. Well, never mind. And thanks for your reply. :)

Edited by Bocko (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I know there's a setting called "Mail color" in the Themes section. The standard one is Pink. I set another color, and it looks like the change has gone through. However, when I try have a mail sent, it's still the standard pink one. Same if you look at the translation section of mails, all instances of colors are Pink.

I have tried turn of all CCC, cache/compile settings, and even manually deleted all cache/compile through FTP, and cleared browser cache and all that. But the problem still persists.

I use the latest version of Prestashop, and a theme called Warehouse from Themesforest.

If there's no way to fix this through normal backoffice interface, is there some one place to do it using dreamweaver or Notepad, or do I have to make these like hundred and hundred of changes all by hand?

1. "Mail Color" in Prestashop v.1.5.x was configured using {color} variable. This variable can be configure via
    Back Office > Preferences > Themes : Mail color
  2. All default e-mail template are placed in ../mails/en/file_name.html and all of default e-mail template files already used this {color} variable
  3. Prestashop has a multi language feature. All of e-mail template files are placed in each directory according to each language iso code e.g : en, fr, it, es, de, ... etc
  4. e-mail template file can be overriden by theme file and the override directory is :
    ../themes/YOUR_ACTIVE_THEME/mails/ISO_CODE/
  5. You can check your e-mail template file through your browser
    http://YOUR_DOMAIN/mails/ISO_CODE/file_name.html OR
    http://YOUR_DOMAIN/themes/YOUR_ACTIVE_THEME/mails/ISO_CODE/file_name.html
    if you see the Pink color background ...
    then your e-mail template file doesn't use {color} variable, it use color code #DB3484

Now ...

Make sure your themes does not override the default e-mail template file.

If it overriden you should check the override file (the e-mail template files in your theme directory) and make sure all of the override files using {color} variable.

Modules may use the e-mail template file which not compatible yet, so you should also check this one out and make sure {color} variable are used.

DON'T FORGET about languages that you used on your Prestashop, the e-mail template files may have differences for each language that you used

Example of the use of variables {color} in e-mail template file : account.html

... .... ...
<td align="left">Hi <strong style="color: {color};">{firstname} {lastname}</strong>,</td>
... ... ...

If your e-mail template files use color code instead {color} variable, then the configuration of "Mail color" that you've made through back office won't be reflected.

Theme developer or module developer may create or use e-mail template file which not suitable with Prestashop Coding Standard. Therefore you should check and edit the files manually no matter you like it or not!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The problem is that in the DataBase, the constant defined into "ps_configuration" table, with the name PS_MAIL_COLOR, is repeated more than one time. The solution is delete all except one and redefine the color code into the themes form.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Okay, launching store in a few weeks. This {color}-thing works for English translation. But not for the other languages I am using.

When I try to edit the translation in question, I am facing this error: "Cannot write language file for email subjects. Path is: /home/xxxxx/public_html/store/themes/default/mails/sv/lang.php", if I try to edit any thing but "Core (no theme selected)". Am I supposed to copy/create a themes/xxxmails/xx folder for this to work, or what?

It's really annoying that this isn't dealt with in the most recent version of PS. It can impossibly be only ONE Prestashop user, that wish to change colors of their E-mails...

EDIT: Yeah, and if I edit the "Core (no theme selected)" thing, it doesn't seem to have any effect at all, I might add.

Edited by Bocko (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

The way I fixed it might take a while, but it works and if you do it through notepad++ you can take search and replace for a faster way to do it.

Go through each e-mail template (/mails) and change the color from #db3484 to {color}. This way you will be able to change it in one click in the future from the Themes page in admin.