Move homepage imageslider

Use this great tutorial by vekia. http://mypresta.eu/e...prestashop.html

to remove the right column you can either remove all the modules from the right column or you can add to global.css: display:none; under #right_column { }, or you can comment out the right column from footer.tpl:

{*<div id="right_column" class="column grid_2 omega">

{$HOOK_RIGHT_COLUMN}

</div>*}

and to stretch the center column you need to change in header.tpl from:

<div id="center_column" class=" grid_5">

to:

<div id="center_column" class="grid_7 omega">

Edited by yaniv14 (see edit history)

Use this great tutorial by vekia. http://mypresta.eu/e...prestashop.html

That is probably for an older prestashop version (I've got 1.5.3)

I've found just a code:

public function hookDisplayHome()

{

if(!$this->_prepareHook())

return;

// Check if not a mobile theme

if ($this->context->getMobileDevice() != false)

return false;

$this->context->controller->addJS($this->_path.'js/jquery.bxSlider.min.js');

$this->context->controller->addCSS($this->_path.'bx_styles.css');

$this->context->controller->addJS($this->_path.'js/homeslider.js');

return $this->display(__FILE__, 'homeslider.tpl');

}

, but I don't know where to move it.

If you have version 1.5.3 than its already comes with the option to hook to displaytop (where top horizontal menu located).

So just transplant the module to displaytop and drag it under the top horizontal menu.

top.jpg

now you just need to remove the 2nd slider for displayhome in modules -> positions

and fix the css for the slider.

How to fix this issue?

So what to do? Go to homeslider module configuration and change the width parameter value to: 979

next you must open bx_styles.css file localized in modules/homeslider directory, edit the .bx_wrapper section exactly as above:

.bx-wrapper {

margin-bottom:20px;

height:300px;

clear:both;

}

save changes and refresh your website. Now slider works properly.

is your site live? is so can you post url

now you just need to remove the 2nd slider for displayhome in modules -> positions

and fix the css for the slider.

How to fix this issue?

So what to do? Go to homeslider module configuration and change the width parameter value to: 979

next you must open bx_styles.css file localized in modules/homeslider directory, edit the .bx_wrapper section exactly as above:

.bx-wrapper {

height:300px;

clear:both;

}

save changes and refresh your website. Now slider works properly.

is your site live? is so can you post url

It works great. Just a little problem. It shows one and half of pictures.

sl.jpg

I think its something with the module width specification.

try to change the width of the slider image in the module configuration

I thing the same way. I'll try it later. But what was the problem with my homslider.php file?

nothing wrong.

your file was from version 1.5.2, you only needed to add the text that the tutorial mentioned.

what I sent you was the homeslider.php from version 1.5.3 which in this version the text is already inserted to the file.

Thank you very much for your time.

My shop is not live yet.

As I can see I need to work hard to improve myself.

I do not even understand the "grids 5, 7..."

I do not know how to remove the search from the top of page ...........

all grids located at grid_prestashop.css

in modules -> positions you can find all modules install and where their hook to (top,footer,left,right,home,etc....)

so just look for search under displaytop and remove it

I had the oscommerce shop and there was very easy to change whatever I wanted.

I had oscommerce store before and believe me prestashop is much easier and more advanced than oscommerce.

3 months ago I didn't know what is a module or hook and today I am able to do whatever I want in prestashop stores.

you just need to read a lot in this forum, ask all the questions you want and try.

I had oscommerce store before and believe me prestashop is much easier and more advanced than oscommerce.

3 months ago I didn't know what is a module or hook and today I am able to do whatever I want in prestashop stores.

you just need to read a lot in this forum, ask all the questions you want and try.

I try to do so.

the main problem is you can't find any helpful manual

nothing wrong.

your file was from version 1.5.2, you only needed to add the text that the tutorial mentioned.

what I sent you was the homeslider.php from version 1.5.3 which in this version the text is already inserted to the file.

I downloaded the latest version from prestashop.com, installed it and it didn't work. I had to rewrite the homeslider with your code so please let me know what is the different with original file.

And if I want to add a page in the excepation where can I add the page if I do not want to use top.jpg

You are right, probably I had the file updated in my folder so I thought it's the original one.

So yes you do have to add that code, but that code is coming from the link I sent you with all the instructions.

about page exception, you choose from the list, which page you don't want the module to appear at.

• Like 1

about page exception, you choose from the list, which page you don't want the module to appear at.

I know, but I've moved image slider with transplant feature and I haven't put all pages I don't want to appear at.

If I want to add a page and I run the transplant feature again it says I have done the movement yet.

completely out side the left & right columns?

if so, it's complicated.

Yes. That is it. If it is difficult so let it be.

I'd like to add a new <div> to the (for example) top menu. It will be as different color background for the top menu. I've tried to do so in the blocktopmenu.tpl (added in css first) but it doesn't work.

What you do if you want to instead of featured product add some text about company. Do you duplicate the featured modul and modify it or so?

Thanks

Edited by ldon (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

You are right, probably I had the file updated in my folder so I thought it's the original one.

So yes you do have to add that code, but that code is coming from the link I sent you with all the instructions.

Hello yaniv14,

I'm back after while and I just found out after I've moved the image slider to the top of page, my "top of page" links doesn't work.

Do you have an idea what's wrong?

Thank you.

Ldon

you forgot to put "clear:both" in you css

modules/homeslider/bx_styles.css and look for:

.bx-wrapper {

height:100%;

}

and change to:

.bx-wrapper {

clear: both;

}

you forgot to put "clear:both" in you css

modules/homeslider/bx_styles.css and look for:

.bx-wrapper {

}

and change to:

.bx-wrapper {

}

I think clear: both; means no object will float the <div> objects.

It is nothing to do with links.

I don't see display none in the link that you sent me.

and why don't you try what I've suggested.

It's working fine when I inspect it with google chrome with the link you provided.

I've done it immediately

.bx-wrapper {

height:100%

}

, but it doesn't work.

• 3 months later...
If you have version 1.5.3 than its already comes with the option to hook to displaytop (where top horizontal menu located). So just transplant the module to displaytop and drag it under the top horizontal menu.

Hi yaniv14.

I've had 1.5.4 version on my localhost and I updated it to 1.5.4.1.

Now I've got problem with image slider again.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/251629-homeslider-inaccurate-sliding/

Do you have any idea?

Thx

Hi, I followed the steps as given by the link http://mypresta.eu/e...prestashop.html and successfully changed the position of homeslider from displayHome to displayTop.

Now I'k facing a new set of problems.

a) The image slider is somehow showing inside the top horizontal menu. Its been included under the division tag of top horizontal menu. However, I'm not able to find the closing </div> tag for top horizontal menu due to which Im not able to give the image slider its independent display option.

b ) when I run the edit live option at the positions at the back office, I can only edit the display home modules but cannot edit or resize the modules belonging to top of pages

I have atttached the screenshot below to describe the problem im facing. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

The UI GIrl

post-549738-0-97737000-1372237797_thumb.png

Edited by The UI GIrl (see edit history)

• 11 months later...