vat number in registration form mandatory

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This works fine. But VAT number input popups up in form only if company name has been given. Making this field required as suggested, system will ask for it even though company name is not specified. Any solutions for making it required only if company name is filled in?

exactly, the same issue here (1.5.4.1).

It's really 'annoying' and prevents the shop from going online :(

Mandatory when 'Company name field' in registration form is filled in.

When you run a company you have assigned (let's call it) a VAT number to it; it apprears on invoices etc.

In presta there's a behavior on registration page:

when (company field not empty) -> show vat_number (in authentication.tpl / address.tpl / order-opc-new-account.tpl ...)

So, if one of my visitiors/guests/customers runs a company and during shopping/registrations he/she fills in the Company name, I need it to get the vat_number as well, mandatory.

Hope it helps.

maybe a bit off topic, but:

when I disable/turn off 'required' option for vat_number in back office-->customers-->addresses it doesn't get saved in databsae at all.

I can fill in the very input in the form, pass the registration process, and when I finally open my account details (addresses) as logged in user, the vat_number filed (in my addresses) is blank - I can type in another number, save it and it is still blank (?) superb weird, guys or just a bug?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have installed 1.5.6.2 version, and I have an issue with authentication. When customer filled up a company name field the VAT field not pop up, but if a mystake is made during registration and the site shows error during registration and the site reload, than the VAT field is pop up. It´s frustrating still send to customers an e-mail, for fill out VAT number.

Could somebody help with it?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have the following problem:

When a customer is entering his VAT number, since a company Prestashop generate a message that the VAT number is not correct. I have not checked under the VAT module the VAT number to be checked.

Further, if I ever in the customer details via the back office and enter myself the VAT number, still rejected...looks like I cannot accept VAT numbers on the field named VAT number (SIRET).

I just open a B2B folder and started a campaign...but looks not nice, since the potential Companies cannot register on our site...

Thanks for your feedback.

rgds,

Boris

SIRET. Is this customer.siret field, varchar(14)?

SIRET numbers are validated by Validation::isSiret method and the format is numeric only.

VAT numbers are normally stored in address.vat_number, varchar(32), and validated against the EU webservice.

Hello,

That looks strange, since the VAT numbers in Europe, always starting with 2 letters from the country, BE,  DE,  FR etc...so why the format is only numeric.

Anyway how and where I can change this in order to accept first 2letters and then numbers?

thnks 

Hello,

I know that the SIRET in France is a national number, which became the VAT by adding FRxxSIRET.

Now I'm thinking maybe the SIRET field should not be translated VAT number or BTW number but other filed...Have to check...

Any way if you have something about this issue it will be most than welcome.

rgds