Links and ordering not working in Mozilla! Asking for your help for the third time.

Hi!

I'm posting this topic for the third time now, since noone has answered yet to it.

Administrators of this forum - does anyone of you have any idea what the reason for this problem could be?

When using Mozilla Firefox (the latest version) I started to notice (starting 2 days ago, after not making any changes) that I can not click on the photos, links and descriptions of the listed products in my e-store categories.

What is more, only when trying to click on the seventh product in the category, I can click on it, but after I come to a new page with product details, I can not order the product, nor can I click on the photos to enlarge it, nor can I click on the small photos of any of the products in the same category.

Does anyone of you know what the reason for this bug is and hove to solve it?

When using IE, everything works normally, that is why I think Prestashop is not working properly in Mozilla.

I hope someone notices this post, since I've posted it for the third time.

The Prestashop version I use is 1.3 and I don't plan to upgrade it soon, because I've made too many changes into all the files to be able to upgrade it to a newer version without any troubles.

Thank you,

Your help will be much appreciated!

Nina

Edited by NinaCreatus (see edit history)

Disable your facebook module, it should fix the problem.

Which Facebook module did you have on your mind? There's a Share on Sicial Network Module - I've just disabled it and the problem persists. However, I also inserted a code into a page.tpl 2 years ago (FB sharer and Like) - I want to retain these two things on my website, since it is very helpful - visitors can share photos and links...If I disable this, that will not be ok.

Do you think disabling and enabling Share and FB like shoud solve the problem or should I remove it completely?

Look at this image, http://screencast.com/t/k3tOj7gsm the facebook share at the top of the page is creating a layer with an iframe that is overlaying the buttons on your site. The blue is the size of the layer, the yellow highlited is the code that is doing it.

I would have never thought that this was causing the trouble....but how comes that everything worked fine until 2 days ago, but then this problem suddenly appeared? Isn't that strange? And how comes that this problem only appears in Mozilla, but not in IE, for example?

Do you think I could place the share and like button somewhere else in the code, where everything could work fine? What is your suggestion? I'd appreciate it.

It could be a change made in FF about the way it handles layers or more than likely it was a change with facebook.

Try adding this code to the bottom of your global.css file

.fb_iframe_widget {z-index: -99;}

It could be a change made in FF about the way it handles layers or more than likely it was a change with facebook.

Try adding this code to the bottom of your global.css file

.fb_iframe_widget {z-index: -99;}

I just did that, but now the Share button doesn't show - it is hidden behind the product photo...

I did not test it on the product page, hmm try replacing that code with this, it seems to fix the problem on the product page and looks good on the category page too.

.fb_iframe_widget {z-index: -99;top:-20px;}

I did not test it on the product page, hmm try replacing that code with this, it seems to fix the problem on the product page and looks good on the category page too.

.fb_iframe_widget {z-index: -99;top:-20px;}

The Share button does not work when I click on it. It seems as if everything is ok - I can click on the products, but now the Share button doesn't work...actually, if I remember correctly, it also didn't work when I made the previous change.

Without looking and testing the code, I do not know how to accurately fix the problem. The first thing I would do is make a bounding div around the button, setting a width and height on it. Then setting the overflow to hidden, next erase what I told you to put in the css file. It is a layering problem.

Without looking and testing the code, I do not know how to accurately fix the problem. The first thing I would do is make a bounding div around the button, setting a width and height on it. Then setting the overflow to hidden, next erase what I told you to put in the css file. It is a layering problem.

Uh, that seems really difficult to do and I don't have enough knowledge to do it...I don't know how to set the width and make a bounding dive around the button.

But isn't it strange that the Share button is not causing the problems in IE? And that this problem started to appear 2 days ago? I've also noticed that on my other wordpress pages something similar is happening - it all started 2 days ago and I wouldn't know why. For exmaple, if I make a new post on my wordpress sites, the posts somewhere in the middle of the page are not "clickable" -I can not click on the title of the post and open it. So, the problem must be either in the FB Share button, either in the Moilla, as the websites work normally in IE and other browsers.

What do you think is the reason of all that?

I would be willing to bet that something with facebook has changed.

Ok, I would like to thank you for all your time you spent when trying to help me. I appreciate your work and if you find out what the reason for these troubles is, I'd be thankful if you can either message me or post your answer here, below this post.

Thank you again, you are the best! :)