Canada Post shipping module

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To not have a Canada Post free module is very disappointing, especially since it is advertised as such on the prestashop features webpage. This is one person who will now have to uninstall and find a different shopping cart alternative.

I dont like to complain as I understand that both developers and the prestashop creators must make money, they have bills to pay like us. However I think that any prestashop version should have a ready to run version. The fact that my shopping cart is at the moment not working, is preventing me to at least buy 2 expensive modules, i.e. ebay.com and amazon integration.

We have just released a new version of the Canada Post module, with support for PS 1.5 and an update API.

http://www.presto-ch...anada-post.html

75$ is really too expensive for a module that should be natively included with prestashop...

At least with a minimally working version, so the buyers pay the shipping cost at the purchase time!

At this moment, the module isn't working at all, it returns a dumb error message like:

Canada Post Webservice seems to be down, please wait a few minutes and try again
  • Like 1

75$ is really too expensive for a module that should be natively included with prestashop...

At least with a minimally working version, so the buyers pay the shipping cost at the purchase time!

I agree with you, but if we dont buy one, you cannot ship. I was a disappointed too.

I have been using another competitor shopping cart in the past, very good one too (xcart). But I wanted to experiment something new and much more pretty, which is PrestaShop. My analogy of PrestaShop is the following (and dont get me wrong, I have adopted PS)...

Each shopping cart is like a racing car and we all want to race in the big race of the year, which is next month. PrestaShop is like a high quality Ferrari chassis and engine that needs to be assembled by competent and creative engineers. A very promising chassis in every aspect. Fast, reliable & lite... and with some tuning you will be the fastest guy next year for sure.

The big race is within 3 weeks now and you have little time to tune, assemble and setup the race machine to be ready for the race. You know you wont win the race since you are a rookie. All you want is to be there in the grid and compete with the other racing drivers. You need experience and upgrades that you dont have just yet. If your racing car is ready for the big race, you will get exposure, experience and MORE money to buy new upgrades.

The competition from other racing teams are great, but you feel the potential coming from your machine for next season.

3 weeks of intense working and you are ready to qualify your car for the race. It is your turn now to try to make a fast lap !! You enter the racing car and you feel all the virility and technology... What a atmosphere, what a dream come true !! Start your engine, VROUM, VROUM, VROUM !!! You accelerate and you realize you dont have a steering wheels and tires.

I think that we should pay for a basic working version of PrestaShop. Including a decent template, shipping module and whatever very basic feature required, but fonctional to the start. How many racing cars are abandoned alongside the race track because they realized they couldn't make a lap ?

Edited by ezb (see edit history)

• 8 months later...

To not have a Canada Post free module is very disappointing, especially since it is advertised as such on the prestashop features webpage. This is one person who will now have to uninstall and find a different shopping cart alternative.

I agree with you, but if we dont buy one, you cannot ship. I was a disappointed too.

I have been using another competitor shopping cart in the past, very good one too (xcart). But I wanted to experiment something new and much more pretty, which is PrestaShop. My analogy of PrestaShop is the following (and dont get me wrong, I have adopted PS)...

Each shopping cart is like a racing car and we all want to race in the big race of the year, which is next month. PrestaShop is like a high quality Ferrari chassis and engine that needs to be assembled by competent and creative engineers. A very promising chassis in every aspect. Fast, reliable & lite... and with some tuning you will be the fastest guy next year for sure.

The big race is within 3 weeks now and you have little time to tune, assemble and setup the race machine to be ready for the race. You know you wont win the race since you are a rookie. All you want is to be there in the grid and compete with the other racing drivers. You need experience and upgrades that you dont have just yet. If your racing car is ready for the big race, you will get exposure, experience and MORE money to buy new upgrades.

The competition from other racing teams are great, but you feel the potential coming from your machine for next season.

3 weeks of intense working and you are ready to qualify your car for the race. It is your turn now to try to make a fast lap !! You enter the racing car and you feel all the virility and technology... What a atmosphere, what a dream come true !! Start your engine, VROUM, VROUM, VROUM !!! You accelerate and you realize you dont have a steering wheels and tires.

I think that we should pay for a basic working version of PrestaShop. Including a decent template, shipping module and whatever very basic feature required, but fonctional to the start. How many racing cars are abandoned alongside the race track because they realized they couldn't make a lap ?

I finally found some truth here: Agree with you both. After 2-3 weeks of setting up, finalizing touches, I find out that the system is lacking some fine details required in order to run successfully, specially for us canucks! Its sad to say, but how can you provide an e-commerce solution that has very basic shipping configurations (I have managed to setup UPS though...)

Got an answer from PrestaShop team:

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for giving us a call. It was a pleasure speaking with you. 

I am so sorry for misinforming you earlier. I have spoken to our Community Manager and the reason why you can't get it to work is because Canada Post changed their API some while back ago and we haven't updated. We are working on getting this fixed, however.