[SOLVED] Manufacturer ajax error: error - Supplier ajax error: error Prestashop 1.4.8.2

On Back Office, exploring catalog, when access any product to edit it it throws on a popup window the error:

Manufacture ajax error: error

Supplier ajax error: error

Also the category tree don't load and stays "loading" permanently.

And I cant upgrade prestashop due to my theme, velvet sky only compatibile with the 1.4 versions. the website is www.elkaholic.com

And trim is already on suppliers and manufactures on the php file. And tried using an old ajax.php file.

Please help ASAP!!!!

Permission on image dir is 7, 5, 5. And everything work fine for a month and then I installed attracta via hostgator cpanel and this started. So I had attracta removed. Now have these errors still. Web page is elkaholic.com and am using prestashop 1.4.8.2 cause I cant upgrade due to my these I am using. I am unaware of which PHP, it is the one that was downloaded with this version of prestashop last month.

All i did was install attracta and seo tools from cPanel and everything hit the fan. i contacted them/hostgator earlier yesterday and said that everything was working on their end. So I will contact them again to have them change the timeout settings of php.ini

• 4 months later...

Despues de darle muchas vueltas y hacer los cambios en ajax.php como se propone en este y otros que se indican en otros posts, sin obtener resultados en prestashop 1.4.4.1, se ha solucionado al sustituir el archivo ajax.php, por el original de la instalacion y todo ha vuelto a funcionar sin problemas.

He dejado de ver el error emergente de ajax en supplier y de manufactured y ha vuelto a cargar el arbol de categorias que antes se quedaba cargando eternamente. SOLUCIONADO

• 3 years later...

hi guys

I have a same error message but in my theme slider module. 

when i want to save something on slider module page chrome consol shows this error : 

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://example.com/admin/index.php?controller=AdminModules&token=3b3c151a3c0053a1c3ec263f52e25f20&configure=csslider&id_slide=1&addlayer=1' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure XMLHttpRequest endpoint 'http://example.com/modules/csslider/ajax_csslider.php'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

how can I solve this problem ?

Thanks a lot