Just installed 1.5.3. Trying to upload store header logo, but continuously getting an error message:

"An error occurred during logo copy."

An error occurred during logo copy.

Both /img folder and /img/logo.jpg permissions are set to 755. Tried to resize my logo to 209 x 52 px (exactly same as default logo) and renamed my logo to logo.jpg. But none solved the problem. Kind of stuck here with no clue :wacko:

Please help

where you've got hosting service?

can you give 777 permission to file and test it again?

where you've got hosting service?

can you give 777 permission to file and test it again?

Changed to 777 and tested again, same error shows up!

siteground.com

Just installed 1.5.3. Trying to upload store header logo, but continuously getting an error message:

"An error occurred during logo copy."

An error occurred during logo copy.

Both /img folder and /img/logo.jpg permissions are set to 755. Tried to resize my logo to 209 x 52 px (exactly same as default logo) and renamed my logo to logo.jpg. But none solved the problem. Kind of stuck here with no clue :wacko:

Please help

I have same error and tryed on 3 diffrent serveres with same problem :S

yeah.. i do the same problem.. An error occurred during logo copy. Anyone help pls.? before i give up with this prestahop..

I fought with this for about four hours last night. I'm no programmer, so I was about ready to throw my laptop off the roof.

What finally fixed my issue was the 755. However, I ran into the problem again when attempting to replace the image that pops up on the maintenance page, and 755 didn't help at all.

Have you tried:

Go to public_html > img

Delete "logo.png"

Upload your logo file with 755 permissions

Rename your file to "logo.png" (right-click and select "Rename file" since simply changing the text didn't seem to work for me)

That may or may not work- it was part of what I was fighting through last night. Again, I suck at computers, but I figure it may help if you at least have something else to try.

Fix Around

1- Upload logo.jpg by ftp on IMG folder on your server.

2- After upload rename it as : logo-1.jpg

3- Reload your home page .... now work

Edited by Nemo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Fix Around

1- Upload logo.jpg by ftp on IMG folder on your server.

2- After upload rename it as : logo-1.jpg

3- Reload your home page .... now work

Thanks Nemo, this solved the problem

With Nemo's guide, I solved header logo problem, but the issue happens when uploading manufacturers logos and categories pics also :((( I have just moved to 1.5.3 and in 1.4.8, I never had this issue, really frustrating :( any help please?

I just had the same issue after installing 1.5.3 on a2 hosting. I found that my problem was on line 124 of /classes/ImageManager.php where the app was looking to check the filesize. For some reason the file size was returning as zero even when this wasn't the case. I commented out the filesize test and it then worked. My line 124 now looks like:

if (!file_exists($src_file))

Hope this helps someone.