Frequent High Server Loads

Hi,

We are frequently getting high server loads which seem to be caused by MySQL on our site. This seems to happen everyday between 8:10am - 8:20am. This can still happen when there are no visitors on the site and no scheduled tasks or crons are being run at that time.

We are hosting on a quad core dedicated server with 8gb of RAM, which should be enough, even considering we have about 100,000 products on the site. Only our site with one database is hosted on the server

At all other times, the server resources are around 0.2% usage, but at the same time every day the usage goes massively high and sometimes floods the server with requests and causes it to crash, requiring a hard reboot.

Our website is www.netstoredirect.com We are using Prestashop version 1.4.7.0

Any help, advice or assistance woudl be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Dave

Thanks for letting me know, I've fixed the Smarty problem, however this wasn't a cause of our underlying problem:)

I have asked our host about the access logs, and there is nothing in them at that time. I have asked them if the server, the operatng system or plesk are performing any tasks at this time and they have also said it isn't.

it's all very strange.

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately our host isn't able to tell us anything helpfull. We have examined the logs ourselves and there isn't anything significant in there.

You can almost time your watch by the time the server goes on a high load every day. We have tried different servers (3 dedicated servers) and the same thing happens at the same time of day every day.

We really have tried everything (that we can think of), there are no crons or server tasks running at that time of day, we ave reduced the crawl rate for google and bing and set the crawl rate in the Robots file.

Any help or guidance would be great.

Thanks in advance

Dave