Settings.inc.php file found empty - problems getting back on the site

JK1

Hi All,

I discovered that my site had gone down, and after a little investigation I found that the settings.inc.php file was empty. I have reset the password on my database, but foolishly don't have a backup of that file. I've tried to re-create it, but I still can't get the site back up nor can I get into the backoffice area.

Please help :)

Thanks

John

what version of PS? PLEASE always tell the community this...else..well...we wander off...consider this a pity response... :)

Sorry about that. I don't actually know. Installed about June 2011 ish. Is there a way I can find out?

you can look at your mysql table 'configuration' field PS_VERSION_DB, this will tell you your version....let's assume it's 1.4.6..see below for an example...see YOUR for information you will need to update....the KEY's, well you are screwed here, so all customers, will need to request lost password....nor will your back office password work...you can search this forum (use google search) to change admin password via mysql db.

note: you may need to change other things like theme name..version etc...

good luck

<?php
define('_DB_SERVER_', 'YOURDBSERVERNAME');
define('_DB_TYPE_', 'MySQL');
define('_DB_NAME_', 'YOURDBNAME');
define('_DB_USER_', 'YOURDBUSER');
define('_DB_PASSWD_', 'YOURDBPASSWORD');
define('_DB_PREFIX_', 'YOURDBPREFIX_');
define('_MYSQL_ENGINE_', 'InnoDB');
define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/FOLDERNAME IF NOT ROOT/');
define('_PS_CACHING_SYSTEM_', 'MCached');
define('_PS_CACHE_ENABLED_', '0');
define('_MEDIA_SERVER_1_', '');
define('_MEDIA_SERVER_2_', '');
define('_MEDIA_SERVER_3_', '');
define('_THEME_NAME_', 'prestashop');
define('_COOKIE_KEY_', 'MiwJsDdQrNfrYHLr9F43kXeT5jPQWhsWWk2fw4sqFkzQOWzQmnpLWKU7');
define('_RIJNDAEL_KEY_', 'PXhSZshymPm0oay7RdMxSXzH8PgjzZcV');
define('_COOKIE_IV_', 'nFtUjswj');
define('_RIJNDAEL_IV_', 'Bt5snM5BS9LcjpMq1xCspw==');
define('_PS_CREATION_DATE_', '2012-08-15');
define('_PS_VERSION_', '1.4.6.2');
?>

when you say you got the shop back up...are you saying you can see the front office?

and when you say you are not getting the username request...well what are you getting? try screen shots...a picture is worth a 1000 worlds

Yes, I've got the front office up again (although can turn it on and off directly from mysql. When I go to the admin page all I get is a blank screen.

Ok I get:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/www/amphibian/santi-store/config/settings.inc.php:24) in /data/www/amphibian/santi-store/adminjk/header.inc.php on line 15

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/www/amphibian/santi-store/config/settings.inc.php:24) in /data/www/amphibian/santi-store/adminjk/header.inc.php on line 16

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/www/amphibian/santi-store/config/settings.inc.php:24) in /data/www/amphibian/santi-store/adminjk/header.inc.php on line 17

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/www/amphibian/santi-store/config/settings.inc.php:24) in /data/www/amphibian/santi-store/adminjk/header.inc.php on line 18

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/www/amphibian/santi-store/config/settings.inc.php:24) in /data/www/amphibian/santi-store/classes/Cookie.php on line 261

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/www/amphibian/santi-store/config/settings.inc.php:24) in /data/www/amphibian/santi-store/classes/Tools.php on line 54

• 11 months later...

Hello guys,

Please help me .I copied my old prestashop extension to new server and run by changing in database and setting.inc.php file it run fine with no issue,but i am not able to login my backoffice.

I login if i used the old setting.inc.php file of old server.How can i solve this issue without sibmitting the request for forgot password.