[solved] Attribute order or order of attributes

SOLUTION: go to the ps_attribute table in your database and you can re-sequence the attributes as you like by changing the integer in the "position" field.

Why I needed to do this ?

Prestashop 1.5.2

a. I had entered sizes XS, SM, MD, LG, XL, XXL in that order when setting up an attribute group. Later I needed to add a JR size. When reviewing the new product, I could not get the attribute to display from smallest to largest. I tried a few things. No luck.

b. I did not want to spend money on a paid module that does MANY GREAT things *and* allows me to sort the attributes how I like.

--> ps_attribute has three (3) fields - "position" seems to control how the attribute displays in the list

Edited by mytwocentimes (see edit history)

If I'm correctly understanding what you were trying to do here then I believe you can actually do it in the back office.

Start by going to catalog > attributes and values, then go to the far right of the attribute that you wish to alter the value orders within and click on the black box with a white + sign. All the values contained within that attribute will then drop down and you can edit their order "position" from there.

This too had me stuck until I stumbled across the solution.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

And does it work in front office? I did sort attributes at BO but they're being shown in a different order at the shop... :(

Hi Marcis,

Hmm yes normally it should change on the front end also. I haven't used Presta for a while but I went back in to an old site I have and tested again to see if it still works but now have the same problem. ie Moving attributes order in BO didn't change front office order, which may suggest that something on the web hosting side has changed. This thread may be of help: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/265240-unable-to-sort-properly-in-attributes/

Edited by Tigmo (see edit history)