Paypal Advanced Module- how to set it up?

patrick81

Hello guys. I know this isn't paypal.com. We need to find the correct API for this PayPay Advanced module we got from www.modulebazaar.com. I'm just a bit lost here. We already have a paypal standard account but we need to upgrade it to Paypal Advanced. We don't know where to upgrade it anywhere!

Once we have Paypal Advanced, we need to enter this....

screenshot20121209at556.png

We aren't sure where to find those api info. If you have done Paypal Advanced before, can you please please help us. Step by step would be great! We would appreciate it!!

Thanks,

Patrick

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You have to go to manager.paypal.com and create an account.

Then you should entere info like this:

API User: your login @ manager.paypal.com

API Password: your password @manager.paypal.com

API Vendor: your user at manager.paypal.com

API Partner: PayPal (both P in capital letters)

Hope it helps you.

Yeah that would work fine if the module actually worked, the one I got from them is a pile of garbage. Egrove or Module Bazaar looks like they are just reselling elance projects from the past. Selling modules that are not 1.5 compatible and they offer piss poor support. After about 7 tries talking with multiple people in India, NOT THE US LIKE THEY CLAIM, they only explained they use a URL return to Prestashop. That was NOT in the directions at all and it took a week for them to explain that simple item. But, I didn't dig into there code since it did not work at all in 1.5.3.1, absolutely did not work at all.

What I got was a lesson to avoid buying software from Egrove Systems. Even though they offer a refund guaranty, no refund was given at all and PayPal stuck me with the $50.00. So, I'm also cutting back on PayPal use, the buyer protection is BS IMO. My Visa would have charged it back, no doubt.

So, for $50 I received nothing, the so called support was given access to my BO and after two obviously incompetent tries letting them snoop around, I gave up. All they did was put in their sandbox API info which doesn't work, I had already tried it and I tried mine too with zero success. The idiots could not even tell me a URL was needed till a week later.

So, I purchased a module for PayPal Pro from a better known source and it worked perfect. No hassle, no emails from India at 2am in the morning when I should be sleeping.

Module Bazzar is HORRIBLE and a total waste of time. They want you to fix their messy modules and pay the $50 for the privilege too. I wish I had never seen their PayPal Advanced module, it was a waste of time. I wanted the $5 per month deal, but the horrible support is not worth it.

I would just stay with the standard PayPal module from Prestashop, version 3.4.4 and be done with it. The Advanced deal lags anyway and it looks unsecured, you need SSL to make customers confident in the site with the I-Frame. At least with the Free Standard module they know PayPal is taking them to a secure page. If you have to put SSL on to keep customers, you are better off using direct payments anyway, its faster all around and looks much better. No issues with custom themes and dark colors. I don't see much advantage to the PayPal Advanced, it looks unsecured on a regular site and the load time varies. Go standard or go direct IMO.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I have a similar experience with Egrove Systems / Module Bazaar or what ever they are calling themselves.  I purchase their PayPal Advanced module, it came with no configuration instructions and did not work out of the box.  I was on Skype troubleshooting this module with one of their so called support staff and the guy just up and went home.  I waited 5 min for a reply nothing, I asking “are you there” nothing, waited 5 more min nothing.  My thought was there must have been a power outage in India, so I called the number listed on the account the person that answered said the guy went home for the day.  I asked for a refund and they kept telling me we can fix we can fix it.  To make a long story short they refuse to refund my money.  Word of advice stay away from these guys.

I eneded up using Presto-Changeo modules for my more complicated modules like shipping, and they have been a pleasure to work with. Good support, good updates in a progressive manner with Prestashop growth. I think I've used 4 modules now from Presto, very little issues. When I had a question or problem the support was there and they got me straighend out promptly. The free modules are okay for basic stuff, but when it comes to shipping and payments I highly recommend Presto. I mainly get their modules now when I need a paid module because they actually work as advertized.

I started with their PayPal Pro module, it works very well. I think its worth $100 compared to others. Its actually plug and play, haven't had one issue using their PayPal module. Egrove is just a conartist from what I can tell. They never refunded my money, their module was worthless. The free one is better!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

sorry in advance to all but since a couple of days I would like to test egroove for my prestashop store. 

I successed just to download the apk from the google store, I contacted several times the company but I did not get any reply.

May can you help me? How it works? Do i need a module to use it? I was not able to find it anywhere and so, i couldn't test deeply the apk.

Thanks in advance,

Filippo