Temporary Fix for 2012 Payment error / Shipping Address State missing

Shakko

If you are getting error messages like this one:

PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2012-12-05T23:10:21ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address State EmptyL_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address State is requiredL_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Then it seems that one of your customers wanted to use Checkout with PayPal option (available at cart page). To prevent this error do these steps:

1. Go to modules.

2. Select PayPal.

3. Change

Chose PayPal Express

allow your customers to pay with two clicks

from YES to NO.

• 2 weeks later...

I did same think but didn' work for me :(

always same kind of error:

PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2012-12-18T08:16:57ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10730L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address Postal Code EmptyL_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address Postal Code is requiredL_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Where my clients think that payment was ok, because they didn't receibve any error notification (they discover it only once they check account on line)

Please help ! i am not a tech guy

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The problem affects Internet Exploder, a.k.a. IE, a.k.a. "the browser formerly known as IE", a.k.a. Microsoft Internet Explorer. It only affects IE as my customers have reported and I've reproduced.

We're running a custom-flavor of Prestashop 1.5.1 but from what I've seen it affects other versions, not sure how many.

To reproduce the bug perform a checkout using "the browser formerly known as IE". Checkout as a guest in such a way as to have the "quick-order" screen rendered. A JavaScript error will be thrown and the state dropdown will be blank. IE will complain "console is undefined". A workaround for this issue is to have the customer register and set their State in the account/address screen.

Another workaround is to ask your customer to use a browser which isn't "the browser formerly known as IE".

This is caused by a bug in JavaScript code. This patch fixes it and we've tested it in on our v1.5.1 site:

/themes/default/js/tools/statesManagement.js : line 36

---------------------------------------------------------------------

was:

console.log($('select#id_state'+(suffix !== undefined ? '_'+suffix : '')+' option:not(:first-child)'));

should be:

if (typeof(console) !== "undefined" && console.log) { console.log($('select#id_state'+(suffix !== undefined ? '_'+suffix : '')+' option:not(:first-child)')); }

Also, if you are using a custom theme, then you will want to change the file /themes/[MY_CUSTOMER_THEME_NAME]/js/tools/statesManagement.js

Edited by TWFree (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi

I do have the same problem although I followed the suggestion above

- not allow guest checkout

- not allow "your customers to pay with two clicks" but I my shop is 1.5.4 version therefore it says 3 clicks

- I tested on google chrome

- I tested both paying by paypal account and credit card through paypal

According to http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-655

I think my issue is because I sell internationally not only in the USA therefore customers are not required to select a state.

Or it would be a bug which do not copy the address from register information through paypal payment.

I therefore wonder if this issue would be able to solve in what way. If anyone knows, please kindly advice me.

error.jpg

There are related discussions. I also posted this suggested patch there; and @DWilden followed up with information that might be more helpful for store admins experiencing this problem with int'l orders.

I haven't experienced the problem since I applied the patch. However, I wasn't aware of the problem with int'l orders, so if there is another bug/problem with Paypal+Int'l orders then it wouldn't have affected it.

http://forge.prestas.../browse/PNM-655

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/225187-paypal-express-checkout-error-the-field-shipping-address-state-is-required/

Edited by TWFree (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

i'm from Portugal, and i'm having the same problem with orders to Thailand. i've looked at wikipedia and Thainland is supposed to have states, however in prestashop it is configured as "contain states -> NO"

I'm not using Guest checkout, or express checkout.

Does this patch need any further changes, or will it be enough to make orders work?

Do i need to add States for Thailand manually? i've tried downloading location pack but it didn't work :(

Edited by patuga (see edit history)