Shipping Issues & incorrect location / zones

Hi, trying Presta, like most of it.

The shipping setup is confusing. I have 2 issues at the moment.

1. I have my own user account for testing - I have set up and address within the UK and one in EU. It does however not matter what I do, Presta 'thinks' I am in EU and only offers shipping related to EU.

Why?

2. Is there a method to insert rates per weight? Surely one flat rate irrespective of what you order is not the only / best option? I know you can give each item its own shipping cost (I think), but if users buy multiple items, they wont benefit from combined shipping. In OSCommerce its a simple shipping table as per below:-

Is there something like this in Presta?

Table Rate

Enable Table Method

True

Shipping Table

.1:1.28,.25:1.62,.5:2.14,.75:2.65,1:3.25,1.25:4.45,1.5:5.15,1.75:5.85,2:6.55,4:8.22,6:11.02,8:13.82,10:16.62,12.5:19.99,19.9:24.99

Table Method

weight

Handling Fee

Tax Class

VAT

Shipping Zone

--none--

Sort Order

Many thanks.

Just thinking - I dont think United Kingdom was a zone when I registered / started. I added it after - could it be that my registration has defaulted to something else? I cannot see anything on the user profile either that suggests this however.

Thanks - I did find an error with the original UK creation in the zone info, so yes, basically correct. I really like your store btw.

So it seems I need a lot of manual entry to get shipping options correct.

Next question - how do I stop the shipping from simply adding up. I dont want clients to be charged £4.99 x 4 if they buy 4 small items.

I know there is a discount structure (cart rules and discount)? - To me this doesnt look right - how else can I apply 'combined' shipping? Is this done at the product level via each item's shipping tab? Should billing be 'per weight' or 'per price'?

Thanks!

Edited by Chazaxl (see edit history)

Odd too - when I add 10 of an item that I know will cost £29.99 to post, It only keeps it as 1 set of £29.99 postage.

The forum posts seem to imply that shipping is a weak point for Presta - such I pity, I like the look of it.

It is weak.

Not sure what you're doing but basically there are two ways: By weight or by price.

You set up intervals, like £0-£10 - £2, £10-£20 - £3 or 0-1kg - £2, 1-10kg - £3

Then you can add a handling cost that is fixed no matter how little or much one buys.

I believe that there may be some more options in 1.5, but I haven't checked it out yet myself.

/Mats