Same modules not displaying in multistores

Has anyone else noticed some modules not displaying in different stores when using multistore?

I had an issue with a brand new installation I did of 1.5.2 where the top horizontal menu bar was displaying on one of my stores in my multistore installation, but not in another. I did not remember making any changes in the second store that could have caused this. The second store is in the same group as the first, Default, and has all the same settings for starting off with. But the menu bar just disappeared for some reason.

The module was enabled and positioned correctly, and it did display fine in the default, 1st store. I thought it just must have been something I did and decided to delete and rebuild again from scratch.

After rebuilding and only changing a few things, getting rid of some modules I didn't want etc. I have now noticed that the same thing has happened again, with a different module! This time the re-insurance footer module is not displaying on the second store. I know for sure this time I did not remove this module from this store. Also, it displays fine on the default, 1st store. The module and position is correct in the settings for the second store.

Has anyone else seen this strange behaviour using multistore?

Thanks...