PS 1.4.8.2 Checkout, smarty and translate problem - 3 in 1 :)

Hi.

I'm using PS 1.4.8.2 and I discovered a problem during checkout.

So:

I have

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

Using Smarty v3 and One page checkout it seems that the translation for cashondelivery module doesnt work. I translated everywhere to Romanian in module .tpl files but on that checkout step I still have: "Pay with...." in English. I don't have a ro.php in translations folder , but it used to work in the beggining correctly, displaying the romanian translation.

If I switch to 5 steps checkout I get tis error: Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: Smarty::$_CHARSET in/home/mysite/public_html/shopbebe.eu/tools/smarty/plugins/modifiercompiler.escape.php on line 30

If setting Force compile to Yes and Cache to No - still the same error with one page or 5 steps order, all the site blank with error message displayed. If switching to smarty v2, just blank pages.

The only way the site works is with smarty v3 on, force compile to No, cache to yes, but with the text in English - a problem for most of my clients.

I DID clear cache after translating the .tpl files for cash on delivery, did delete the cached files from server in the cache folder, set the permissions right for cache folder and for the modules. (and the rest)i

Can you suggest a solution to this? I'd like to get rid of the error mentioned above, I'm guessing it will solve the problem. If no, maybe just skipping entirely step 3 in order process - I only have one delivery method available. How would I do that?

I tried upgrading to 1.5 but it doesnt work, I don't remember the error, but it wasn't working at all, even couldnt install a fresh version - probably something to do with te server so I'm sticking for now with 1.4.8.2

And one more thing. The site was copied, I just copied another shop of mine, modified details, and then upgraded. When an error is displayed or when I have a blank page, the favicon turns to that of the old site.

Thank you.

Website: http://www.sopbebe.eu, site copied from http://www.kiddy.ro

Edit:

I just got an error in backoffice, adiing a product, after adding image, don't know if its related. Never happened before, if going Back it works, appears every time I add a product image:

Table 'mysite_mysite.ps_mailalert_customer_oos' doesn't exist

SELECT id_customer, customer_email

FROM `ps_mailalert_customer_oos`

WHERE `id_product` = 1666

AND `id_product_attribute` = 0

Edited by shopbebe (see edit history)