Moving from Test server to Main 500 error v1.5

Hi,

I am moving my website from my test site to the live side.

The database is staying put, however the site files are moved over.

I followed this http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS14/System+Administrator+Guide#SystemAdministratorGuide-MovingPrestaShop

I have ended up with a 500 error on index. Is there an up to date method to move a site using 1.5 as that guide is for the old version.

Thanks

You will most likely have to edit ps_shop_url in your database and change the shop location.

This is different then in previous versions as this was part of settings.inc.php Base URI

You may also want to look through ps_configuration and change any links that point to the test server.

• Like 1

You will most likely have to edit ps_shop_url in your database and change the shop location.

This is different then in previous versions as this was part of settings.inc.php Base URI

You may also want to look through ps_configuration and change any links that point to the test server.

Hey Thanks,

My sql search found quite a few instances of the old domain. I take it I should change all of these?

EDIT: Turns out most were just referral URL from me. I have change all now, and still getting the 500 error. Any ideas of what I could of missed? If you go on the test server URL it auto directs to the LIVE site 500 page if that helps.

Edited by the_el_man (see edit history)

On Advanced Parameters > Configuration > View it has the test server address under store information. How would I change this?

The 500 error is:

Fatal error: Uncaught Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2005] Unknown MySQL server host 'MY DATABASE ADDRESS' (1) thrown in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage06/ce/le/br/MYLIVESITEADDRESS/public_html/classes/db/DbPDO.php on line 58

EDIT2: Apparently it is because you cannot have your database on one hosting package and the web domain on another.

Edited by the_el_man (see edit history)