CAPTCHA but the other way...

VIXUS

Insted of standard picture with some text in it, we set eg. 5 images that represent 5 amimals:
(parrot, ant, zebra, fish and horse) and we set simple question like:
"Click on image that shows ant".
And customer clicks on it and thats a simple werification that he is a human and not bot.
This image to click on is the one that serve as submit button.

What do you think is it doable to implement captcha security to work this way....

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bad idea that mostly defeats point of the CAPTCHA. In your example this makes it so the remote user has a 1 in 5 chance of getting the answer right. That's pretty good odds if things are driving by an automated process on say a botnet somewhere. Even a 3 letter CAPTCHA is going to give you better odds than that. It would also be pretty easy to enumerate the images and text and then get a 100% match rate (especially if your solution is a generic one used elsewhere).

Cheers

I have implemented this kind of Captcha for my contract me page before, it was very easy to do. It looked very cute, however, it was not particle. Customers gave up sending me issues as it was too hard to put the images in the right spot. Because of that, I completely removed the images kind Captcha and using the regular one.....

You may need to have a second thought on implement this....

• 3 weeks later...