Does Moneybookers/Skrill now requires that customers create an account with them?

folks, anybody here to confirm - until skrill customer service answers me - whether they started to required customer account creation with them? I mean I had now 2 unsuccessfull moneybookers payments in 1 day and did a test order, in all cases I was required to set a passwort in their gateway?!? is that a new requirement? then I will quit them ASAP. no way they force my customers to create an account with them!

thanks

phil

folks, anybody here to confirm - until skrill customer service answers me - whether they started to required customer account creation with them? I mean I had now 2 unsuccessfull moneybookers payments in 1 day and did a test order, in all cases I was required to set a passwort in their gateway?!? is that a new requirement? then I will quit them ASAP. no way they force my customers to create an account with them!

thanks

phil

Checked the end user T&Cs and it seems indeed that customers need an account to use their services. Can anybody confirm this?

Edited by Pippo3000 (see edit history)

Hi,

Your customers don't need a Skrill account to pay via Skrill.

If you are testing the checkout using your registration email address, then the system pushes ewallet payment (with email address and password).

But no need for customers without a Skrill account to create one. They should be able to access card payments.

Could you give me the url of your website please?

Thanks,

Skrill's team

Good to know. I thought about that, too. Hence I tried it with 2 other emails and again I saw the request to set and confirm a password? Will eventually send a PM with a link but right now I disabled the moneybookers module, using PayPal exklusively.

But since we are talking: still no iframe version of the Skrill module? That was the major reason I used Skrill, taking into account higher fees. But now Skrill redirects customers like PayPal. But PayPal has much lower fees for credit card payments. So why should I go back to Skrilll now?

Thanks

Hi,

We are currently working on a new module that would be offering iframe.

If you need help with your Skrill account, someone from our Merchant Services team can contact you.

You can give me your details through a private message if you need assistance. It is difficult to see what the issue is without access to your account.

Thank you!

Skrill's team

• Like 1

Hi,

If you need help with your Skrill account, someone from our Merchant Services team can contact you.

You can give me your details through a private message if you need assistance. It is difficult to see what the issue is without access to your account.

Thank you!

Skrill's team

Can you comment on this issue please as no one else seems to be interested

"Just upgraded to prestashop 1.5.2 and now the moneybookers module is playing up (1.6.3)

Customers can pay OK, but the module is not setting Payment as accepted - so I am having to do that manually

Anyone else noticed this?

I have contacted skrill who say that it is not their problem"

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/201700-moneybookers-skrill-module-problem/page__fromsearch__1

• 2 months later...

Hi,

If you are testing the checkout using your registration email address, then the system pushes ewallet payment (with email address and password).

But no need for customers without a Skrill account to create one. They should be able to access card payments.

Thanks,

Skrill's team

Hi, I have spent more than 10hrs to find out it and still my client have to create the account to use the card payment via moneybookers? Do I need to set up something more in my moneybookers account to enable a card payment option? Please let me know? There is a website: http://www.fashion4u.ie/ Thank you in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Hi Skrill. When will that be available? Is iframe an option now in v1.6.4? I am really about to switch to Masterpayment now if Skrill is not able to offer iframes again real soon...

Phil

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Thanks,

Skrill's team

Hi Skrill team, I'm having the same issue, as my website is still on test, i have created a customer account on my prestashop, it seel that all customer are oblige to create a skrill account to proceed with payment, can you please check that?? it sound ridiculous :(

www.fashionbaystore.com/Pfbst/

Thanks

• 5 years later...

Skrill is very complicated and I do not recommend using it. I had a problem with login and they asked for so stupid answers, like when I was logged in last time or when I have created the account and all of this and more with the exact date. After I contacted them and asked to close my account, what they "did" but I can see my email is still in the data bank registered! No wonder everyone is switching to Paypal ... Since many more customers use PayPal I don't see the reason why do you need PayPal?

PS just seen THEY DID NOT CLOSED MY ACCOUNT!

Enter your 2-factor authentication code or one-time password.

Edited by goldies (see edit history)