Module tab shows blank page

Hi,

I've just started reading up some docs and tried to make my own module following the the tutorial http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Creating+a+PrestaShop+module

I uploaded the php and tpl file and logo images as instructed above. I went over the browser and clicked the module tab, but it just shows blank page. really white blank page. I already tried deleting my new module folder and when i refresh the browser, now it loads fine.

What may cause this? I wanted to learn how to make module and this happened. Please kindly help me. Thanks.

Hi,

I've just started reading up some docs and tried to make my own module following the the tutorial http://doc.prestasho...estaShop+module

I uploaded the php and tpl file and logo images as instructed above. I went over the browser and clicked the module tab, but it just shows blank page. really white blank page. I already tried deleting my new module folder and when i refresh the browser, now it loads fine.

What may cause this? I wanted to learn how to make module and this happened. Please kindly help me. Thanks.

Your module probably has got some break-points in code. Have you an access to error log? Do you turned error reporting to on?

If you don't know how to turn on error reporting, read tutorial: prestashop how to turn error reporting on

if you turn it on you can catch where the problem occur.

Moreover - If you've got an access to error logs, you can debug it and find out brak-points in code

• Like 1

Hi thanks for the reply. I believe my code doesnt have break point since i followed the official prestashop tute.

If you mean /var/log/apache2/error.log, then yes i do have access to it since i run prestashop on my desktop.

Also i have set the display error on, but i have just learned that i should put 'E_ALL' instead of 'on'. I will do that.

Hi thanks for the reply. I believe my code doesnt have break point since i followed the official prestashop tute.

If you mean /var/log/apache2/error.log, then yes i do have access to it since i run prestashop on my desktop.

Also i have set the display error on, but i have just learned that i should put 'E_ALL' instead of 'on'. I will do that.

so you've got some errors in error.log that are occur in your module files?

This is the last 3 entries in my error.log but i dont think it is related to the module issue.

[Tue Nov 20 22:53:35 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] script '/home/***/public_html/announce.php' not found or unable to stat
[Tue Nov 20 22:53:35 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /home/***/public_html/announce
[Tue Nov 20 23:11:44 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /home/***/public_html/announce

any idea? Thanks.

This is the last 3 entries in my error.log but i dont think it is related to the module issue.

[Tue Nov 20 22:53:35 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] script '/home/***/public_html/announce.php' not found or unable to stat
[Tue Nov 20 22:53:35 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /home/***/public_html/announce
[Tue Nov 20 23:11:44 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /home/***/public_html/announce

any idea? Thanks.

"announce" it's your module?

I don't know configuration of your apache, in my opinion it's correct error log file.

So what with error reporting in configuration file? do you tried to open module tab in back office with this option turned to on?

yep after the debug option has been turned on.

/* Debug only */
@ini_set('display_errors', 'E_ALL');

i tried opening module tab in back office. and it just displays blank page like before. nothing changes, however if i remove my module folder. the problem is gone. should i post my php code as well? It is basically copy paste from prestashop docs though.

yep after the debug option has been turned on.

/* Debug only */
@ini_set('display_errors', 'E_ALL');

i tried opening module tab in back office. and it just displays blank page like before. nothing changes, however if i remove my module folder. the problem is gone. should i post my php code as well? It is basically copy paste from prestashop docs though.

Its weird.

Sure, add your module directory here, if you want of course. Can you pack it to zip archive.?

I will try to use it on my own vhost

Hi sorry, I just refreshes the page again and it loaded fine this time. This got me confused. Actually I rent shared webhosting and ithe problem first appear on the web host. since it's a hassle to upload file using ftp everytime changes has been made so I deployed prestashop on my desktop hoping this problem only appeared on the web host. My guess was wrong. However now that both module tab page on my desktop and web host works fine, I still wonder what might have caused this. Hmm..

Does it take time for the module to work? I know this sounds dumb and the fact that I am also software developer, this doesnt sound right. LOL.

PS: I am a beginner at PHP though.

Edited by vaah (see edit history)