override a mail

Scenario:

- creating modules in which we need to modify the prestashop core email templates

till now when I wanted to override a mail template I just overwrote the file and I wanted to see other people aproaches.

1. simply overwrite the file for instance order_conf.html|txt when an order is placed

2. try and override the method that sends the email, in the presented example validateOrder from PaymentModule

thank you!

I add also #3 possibility to override the MailCore class and inject the desired template data, change the template etc... depending of the $template parameter

in your module folder create override/classes/Mail.php

class Mail extends MailCore
{
/**
 * override send class so we can customize email templates
 */
function Send($id_lang, $template, $subject, $template_vars, $to, $to_name = null, $from = null, $from_name = null, $file_attachment = null, $mode_smtp = null, $template_path = _PS_MAIL_DIR_, $die = false, $id_shop = null)
{
 switch ($template)
 {
  case 'order_conf':
$template_path = realpath(dirname(__FILE__).'/../../mails/');
break;
 }
 parent::Send($id_lang, $template, $subject, $template_vars, $to, $to_name, $from, $from_name, $file_attachment, $mode_smtp, $template_path, $die, $id_shop);
}
}

in this way the email template will be taken from modules/your_module/mails/en/order_conf.html (for english language)